Chapter 5: Buck Beak

Y/n pov

By the time I looked back to Hagrid I saw him revealing a beautiful creature, with the head of a griffin and the body of a mare. "A hippogriff" I exclaimed making hagrid smile. "Yes er fine creature ain't he" he said. The hippogriff had a name, Buck beak and I wanted to meet him.

"So who wants to go first" he asked. I turned around to see me that everyone had stepped back, leaving me and harry seem like we volunteered. I was happy but harry seemed to be quite afraid.

I bowed to Buck beak hoping he would bow back. I waited, with my head hanging low for him to show something back. I smiled as he bowed back to me. Harry bowed too and buck beak bowed back to him. Hagrid signaled me to climb on Buck beak and I was more than glad. I tried to not pull out any feathers as I climbed onto him.

Hagrid asked harry to climb on Buck beak as well. "You don't mean together do you?" I asked him. He said we would be fine, that Buck beak could manage both of us. But that wasn't what I meant. Harry climbed onto Buck beak and held onto him. I held on buck beak's neck as he took off.

It was absolutely amazing. I felt so free riding Buck beak and I could tell Harry did too. Buck beak eventually took us back to Hagrids and I smiled as I got down, clearly having enjoyed the ride. Harry looked happy too, but immediately walked away from me the moment he got down. I expected nothing less.

I walked over to Pansy and she had already started making fun of me for going on Buck beak with harry. " I'm pretty sure he or I didn't take it the way your thinking P, he still hates me and he walked away the chance he got" I said, making her frown.

"Well if he still hates you, then he's definitely got a probl-" she was cut off by Draco's screaming. He had been scratched by Buck beak, after he went annoying buck beak. Hagrid immediately rushed over to Draco's side.

"Y/N could you please go with him to the infirmary ?" he asked me with fear in his eyes. Great now I had go with the big crybaby to the infirmary as he cursed and cried. However I knew buck beak wouldn't be spared for this so I nodded to Hagrid as I walked away with Draco.