Chapter 84: I'm so sorry Ced

Y/n Pov:

We grabbed the cup and everything around started to swirl. We ended up somewhere else, grunting as we fell to the ground. "You okay?" Cedric asked. "Yea" Harry replied. "Y/n?" Cedric called out.

"It's a graveyard, Riddle" I replied reading out a tombstone. "The cup's a portkey"Cedric said. I nodded in agreement. "Harry we've-" "We've been here before" Harry interrupted.

"In a dream" Harry added. "We need to get back to the cup" I said stepping back from the tombstone. "Now!" I yelled.

"What are you talking about?" Cedric asked. The scar on my hand began to burn, and so did Harry's, we feel to the ground in pain.

"Y/n, Harry what is it?!" Cedric asked. "Get back to the cup" Harry and I chorused.

There he was, Peter Pettigrew, walking up to us, with a bundle of cloth in his hand.

"Who are you, what do you want!" Cedric yelled pulling out his wand. "Kill the spare" Peter hissed. "Avada Kedavra!" he cast. "Noooooo" I yelled. Cedric fell back flat, dead. 

The world began to slow down, and everything around me paused. I looked at myself, I was translucent, like a ghost. I saw my body lay down, everything paused.

"Cedric?" I said as his ghost-like figure walked out of his body. "Did I just-" "I'm so sorry Ced, I'm so sorry, I couldn't save you" I said running up to him.

"Heyy, it's not your fault" he replied. Tears ran down my cheek. "Don't cry, you're too beautiful to cry, I guess I deserved it" he said smiling slightly. "It's my fault Ced, you don't deserve to die, not in the slightest" I replied.

He hugged me, not saying anything back. "I'm so sorry Ced, Voldemort's after me and Harry, we brought you into this, I brought you into this" I said pulling away. "Why would he come after you?" he asked.

"I'm dead anyway, you can tell me" he added. "Harry and I are siblings, twins, he and I are a day apart. There's a prophecy that states the Potter child born on the 31st of July would kill Voldemort, and I was born on the 31st. Voldemort doesn't know, he just wants me for an ancient feud and my dark magic" I explained.

"That's, a lot" he replied taking in everything I just said. "I'm so sorry I dragged you into this mess, It's all my fault" I said, more tears streaming down my face. "It's not your fault Y/n, not in the slightest, please don't blame yourself, I would hate myself if you did" he replied wiping away my tears.

"Can you do me a favor?" he asked. "Anything" I replied. "Can you tell my dad I love him, that I'm sorry for leaving him, tell him that I'll always be there" he said. "I promise you, no matter what I'll tell him" I replied.

"And can I just tell you that I love you, not romantically, it's just you've been a great friend to me" he said. "I love you too Ced, I'll miss you" I replied. "Take of my father for me please? Just check up on him?" he asked. "I'll do that, I promise you" I said.

"Thank you" he said smiling. Things started to play again, and I felt myself being pulled back to my body. "Bye Y/n, hope I don't see you soon" he said, giving me a gentle kiss on my head. "Goodbye Ced, maybe I might see you soon" I replied.

"Let's hope not for your sake, yea?" he said chuckling softly. I nodded, not able to say anything, tears streamed down my face again.

Things went back to normal speed. Peter used his wand to push Harry back against a statue. He then pushed me onto another one too.

"Do it now" Voldemort hissed. He dumped the ill-ridden Voldemort into a cauldron.

"Bone of the father unwillingly given" Peter said lifting a bone from the grave using his wand and placing it into the cauldron.

"Flesh of the servant, willingly sacrificed" he continued, as he chopped off his arm into the cauldron.

I averted my eyes from the gruesome scene. "And blood of the enemy" Peter said pulling a knife out from his coat and bleeding Harry. "Harry!" I yelled as he winced in pain.

"Forcibly taken" Peter added. He turned to me. He brought the knife up to my throat and slit it. I felt light headed. "Y/n!" Harry yelled.

Peter flicked the blood into the cauldron. It burst into flames and Peter ran to take shelter. A vile creature came out, as screeches filled my ears. "Tom" I muttered, not able to say anything louder as the pain grew stronger.