Chapter 55: Quidditch Tryouts

Y/n Pov:

As soon as we left DADA, Mione, Ron and Harry ran up to me. "How can you do that, it's extremely advanced Y/n" Mione said. "Uncle Remy" I replied. "Why would he do that, teach you the unforgivable curses" Ron asked.

"He said it was to protect me, although I already knew them beforehand" I replied. "What do you mean by that?" Harry asked. "Tom" I replied. "How long did it take, out of curiosity" Ron asked. "Around a few hours" I replied. "She learns spells extremely fast" Harry commented.

"I have to go you guys, I need to talk to Neville before Quidditch tryouts" I added. "I guess I'll see you later Y/n, I'll be there for your tryouts" Harry replied smiling. "See you guys later" I said walking away.

I spotted Neville in the corridor, sniffling to himself. "Nev?" I called out. "Hi Y/n" he replied wiping away his tears. "I don't know why Professor Moody brought that up" I said. "Me neither" he replied, still sniffling.

"How did you know the killing curse" he asked. "My uncle" I replied. I had to tell everyone it was Uncle Remy who taught me, it was half true though.

"Professor Lupin?" he asked. I nodded yes. "I guess it comes in handy, I will never be as brave or as powerful as you or anyone, I already started to cry just thinking about something that happened 13 years ago" he added.

"I don't believe that Nev, remember last year, my Boggart? I ran away crying, not being able to talk about it. I wasn't brave then Nev, not at all" I replied. "But you were always able to talk about it, something not even some of the bravest souls can do, and that is why you are the bravest person I know" I added making him smile.

"Thank you Y/n, but I still think you are brave" he replied. "Don't you have quidditch tryouts?" he asked. "Oh yes I do, I'll see you later Nev, I'm going to be late" I said leaving.

"Black, right on time" Marcus said as I arrived in the quidditch pitch. "I'm ready to start winning" I replied smiling. "I have to let the others go first, they are here for the substitute roles" Marcus said to me. I nodded understandingly and watched as the others played.

Harry arrived on the pitch a while after waving at me. "We booked the field today Potter, you better keep moving" Marcus said to him. "I'm here to watch Y/n play, I don't need the field" Harry replied. "Fine, but don't be distracting her, she is an amazing player, we don;t need you to bring her down in hopes of the Gryffindors winning" Marcus said walking away.

Harry sighed and came up to me. "All the best Y/n, I know you'll get in" Harry said smiling. "Thank you Harry, it's been a while since I was on a team" I replied.

"Potter?" I heard Draco say from behind me. Me and Harry turned around. "Hey Draco" I said. "What are you doing here Potter" Draco asked. "I'm only here to watch her tryout Malfoy" Harry replied.

"Y/n, you're up" I heard Marcus say. I ran up to him. He threw the Quaffle into the air. I got on my broom and chased it. I caught it and threw it past Adrian. I repeated it over and over until Marcus called time out. "You've got the spot Y/n" Marcus said smiling.

"But before that I want to do something" he added. I looked at him confused. I saw a golden snitch fly from Marcus's hands into the air. I flew after it, all around the pitch. I eventually was able to catch it and I brought it back down.

"That was amazing Y/n, you could be the back up seeker as well" Marcus said as gave him the snitch. "Thank you Marcus" I replied beaming.

"Congratulations Y/n" Harry congratulated "although I had no doubt of it at all" he added. "Thank you Harry" I replied. "Great job Y/n, you surely did well" Draco said walking up to me. "Thanks Draco" I replied.

"I better get changed, I'm drenched in sweat" I added putting my broom down. "I'll see you guys later" I said walking away.