Chapter 23: Gut feeling Mione, plain old gut feeling

Y/n pov

I head to the Quidditch match with Hermione and Ron. Slytherin was supposed to play against Gryffindor but Hufflepuff was playing against Gryffindor instead. Harry was getting ready for the match and I hadn't seen him all day.

"Why do you think Hufflepuff is playing instead of Slytherin?" Ron asked. I shrugged my shoulders and replied "I'll ask Marcus once the match is over".

"You and Marcus have been spending a lot of time together" Hermione whispered into my ear. "He is the captain of the quidditch team Mione, I just talk to him about quidditch and ask him for pointers, nothing else" I said whispering back.

"Whatever you say" She replied giggling. I rolled my eyes and smiled. "What re you both talking about?" Ron asked. "Nothing Ron" I replied glaring at Hermione making her giggle even more."

I saw Professor Dumbledore in front of us and left the two of them saying I had to talk to Professor Dumbledore. I promised to meet them at the Quidditch field and ran up to the Professor. "Professor Dumbledore, I need to talk to you" I said as I caught up with him. "Yes Y/n, fire away" he replied turning around.

"That day in the infirmary, you asked me why I didn't tell anyone about the dark magic" "You told me you didn't know" he replied. "I lied Professor, I did because of Tom" I said. "Tom?" "Tom marvolo riddle Sir" I replied.

"Not Voldemort, but Tom riddle, he was your student here at Hogwarts" I added. "What about him?"he asked. "Tom was a young boy, filled with dark magic and more power than most wizards combined" I stated.

"I find myself the same way professor, he and I both are filled with dark magic and extremely powerful, and it went to his head, and he became one of the worst wizards ever known" I continued.

"There is a difference between you both Y/n, he chose to use the power for his own will, but you wanted to keep everyone safe. The choices we make, is what makes us different from others" Professor Dumbledore replied. "So I'm not like him?" I asked.

"In some ways yes, but you are not the same people Y/n I can assure you" He replied. "I think we should head to the game if you are done?" He asked. I nodded and smiled. "Thank you professor" I said as I walked with him to the Quidditch field.

Hufflepuff and Gryffindore were tied. The crowd cheered on loudly waving their house flags in the air. Hermione, me and Ron cheered for Harry as he rose to the sky trying to catch the golden snitch. The skies darkened and Harry was no longer seen. The crowd quieted down as they looked at the sky trying to see where he was.

I knew something was wrong and ran down to the field. I grabbed the spare broom and flew into the sky. I could hear the professors calling me back down but I knew Harry was in trouble. I rose to the sky and saw Harry falling off his broom surrounded by Dementors .

I caught him as he descended to the ground and flew him to the ground slowly. The professors rushed Harry to the Infirmary as soon as I reached the ground.

"That was bloody brilliant Y/n!" Ron said as we waited outside the Infirmary. "It was nothing Ron, it was just instinct" I replied smiling. "How did you know he was trouble?" Hermione asked. "Gut feeling Mione, plain old gut feeling" I replied. "Thank Merlin for your gut feeling then Y/n" Ron said smiling.