Chapter 6: Another minute and I would have lost my arm

Y/N pov

I rolled my eyes as he fussed and acted as if he was dying. I pitied Madame Pomfrey as she tended to him, wrapping up his arm, and listening to his fussing. Eventually Draco had calmed down and put his head down to rest. I sat on the chair beside him as he fell asleep.

I admired how peaceful he looked asleep, and how his platinum blonde hair shone in the sun. Yes he was an absolute pain, but he definitely had a soft side that I wanted to bring out.

" I know you're not listening to me right now, and I would never say this under any other circumstance, but I wish you were nicer so I could even consider you a good friend. You're fun to be around at times, but I truly wish you would keep down the mean remarks and comments. I would love to be friends with you, only if u allowed me, and I hope one day I would be able to knock some sense into you." I whispered to myself looking at him.

I got up walking over to another bed and sitting on it.

Draco Pov:

I smiled to myself as she got up. I had heard what she said. I didn't like her calling me rude at all, but her wish to be friends with me made me smile. I have never had any true friends. People follow me around because of my name and my stature, and Crabbe and Goyle are terrified of me.

However she doesn't understand that I can't just change who I am, what becomes to my honor and my respect? Maybe one day I could change, but not anytime soon.

Y/N Pov:

I saw Draco at the great hall afterwards, he was being fussed over by a bunch of Slytherins, including Pansy, who I knew was only with Draco because of his title. I walked over to her and heard Draco say "I consider myself lucky, another minute and I could have lost my arm". I rolled me eyes and sat down next to her.

"Oh god Malfoy, I can't wait to see what you would have done if your hand had been ripped off" I said smirking. "Shut up Black, you're not the one in pain, if you don't like to hear me, you are more than welcome to leave" Draco replied annoyed.

"Sure" I said, walking away. Pansy looked at me apologetically and I smiled back at her. I spotted Hermione and sat next to her. Hermione smiled at me and so did Ron but Harry just looked away trying to not make conversation or eye contact.

I ignored him and talked to Ron and Hermione about how annoying Draco was. I saw how uncomfortable Harry was and decided to leave, making up excuses on how I wanted to talk to Neville about something. They smiled at me as I left.