Chapter 60: Triwizard tournament

Y/n Pov:

The Durmstrangs students were to arrive today, according to Professor Snape's note.

I walked to the great hall for supper with Pansy and sat at the Slytherin table. Professor Dumbledore clinked his glass and we turned to him. "May I have your attention please" He said. Everyone turned to him and stopped their Supper.

"This year Hogwarts is the proud host of the Triwizard tournament, a tradition that goes back more than five hundred years" he continued. Everyone cheered at the top of their lungs. "I would like to welcome our friends from the north, the students from Beauxbatons".

The door swung wide open and girls in blue frocks and hats came walking in, with synchronized steps. All of them were beautiful and elegant and smiled every step to the front. All the boys glued their eyes onto them and I could see Hermione hit Ron's head as he stared at them. Everyone clapped for them, well mainly the guys.

"Thank you Madame Maxine" Professor Dumbledore said to the the woman who led the girls in. She sat at the professors table next the Hagrid.

"Next I would like to welcome our friends from the south, the students from Durmstrangs" Professor Dumbledore said.

I was so happy I could burst. The boys burst in, wearing their Durmstrangs robe proud. I recognized most of them. Victor was in the front, with a few others, doing somersaults and flips as the crowd cheered on. A few of them played with fire, blowing it out of hoops."Welcome back Igor" Professor Dumbledore said to Headmaster Igor.

"The triwizard tournament is a challenge for the bravest of the bravest and the most skilled. It is also extremely dangerous, which is why no student below the age of 17 is allowed to enter" Professor Dumbledore announced.

That must have been why only the seventh year and a few sixth year students were here. Many of them booed at the announcement and I could see Fred and George looking discontented.

The Durmstrangs students sat at the Slytherin table. I scanned my eyes through them and moved to their end of the table. "Y/n?!" I heard someone say. It was Josh, one of my friends from Durmstrangs.

"Josh!" I exclaimed. I got up and hugged him. "I knew you would get into Slytherin, you were in Atticus before" he said pulling away from the hug. "Thank you Josh" I replied smiling.

"Y/n?" I heard someone else say. I turned around to see Michael, the first person I met in Durmstrangs. I had written to him when I found out Durmstrangs was coming to Hogwarts, so It wasn't quite a surprise when I saw him.

"I missed you little snake" he said walking up to me. Michael called little snake, after I had an 'incident' in my first year, where I talked to a bunch of snakes. "I missed you as well Michael" I replied.

"You should come hang out with us tomorrow, a few of us actually missed you, Durmstrangs wasn't the same without you" he said. "And join us for supper will you?" he asked.

I nodded yes and sat with him, catching up with quite a few friends from Durmstrangs. The evening was amazing, but through the corner of my eye I could see Draco glancing at me occasionally. I wondered what was on his mind.