Chapter 27: Buck beak's gonna have a hearing, all because of me

Y/n pov

Christmas was just a few weeks away. I was staying back for the break with Uncle Remus as staff wasn't allowed to leave for the Christmas break. He offered to send me to one of his relatives, but I knew none of them well enough. Fred and George invited me to the Burrow as well, but I wanted to be here with Uncle Remus. Hence I stayed back.

"Is anyone home?" I asked knocking on Hagrids door. In my hands was a box, wrapped with brown paper for Hagrid. "Hagrid, I have something for you, can I come in" I asked knocking louder. There was no answer. All I heard was a few sniffles. "Hagrid I'm coming in" I said opening the door.

He was inside, sitting at the table, next to fang. "Hagrid are you alright?" I asked taking a seat next to him. "Buck beak's gonna have a hearing, all because of me" he replied sniffling. "Hagrid it's gonna be alright, I promise I won't let anything happen to him. I'll work hard on his defense, I promise" I said trying to console him."Buck Beak attacked Malfoy, there ain- no way Buck beak is gonn-er be spared" He replied frowning. "I'll make sure nothing happens to him Hagrid, I swear" I assured.

"This is for you" I said handing him the box. "Whats that?" he asked. "It's an early Christmas gift, open it" I replied smiling. He opened it and his eyes widened. "Do I really have such big eyes?!" He said chortling. It was a painting of him, that I had done a few days back.

"I must -ave gotten it from me old dad" He continued chuckling. I smiled. It was nice to see the big guy happy. "Thank you Y/n, I'll hang it up next to me other drawings" He said smiling. "What other drawings Hagrid" I asked slightly confused.

"I aint er artist like them muggles say, but I draw" he replied pointing to a few drawings on the wall. I had never noticed them before, most of them were of magical creatures, while some of them were of the forest."They're absolutely wizard Hagrid!" I exclaimed. He thanked me, beaming with pride.

"You better be leaving Y/n, you're gonn-er be late for supper" He said after a while. "Yes I should Hagrid, I promise I won't let anything happen to Buck Beak, Goodnight" I replied getting up to leave.

I spotted Draco in the great hall and walking to him. "Hey Draco, why didn't you go home for the break" I asked sitting down next to him. "My parents have some work with the ministry" he replied sighing.

"Well I'm glad there's another one my friends here" I said. "Friends?" he asked. "Yes friend Draco, you are a friend of mine, if you were hoping for me to be your follower I'm sorry to disappoint you" I replied sarcastically.

"No it's nothing like that, it's just I don't really have friends here" he said frowning. "Of course you do Draco, you are a Malfoy, you have friends everywhere" I said. "None of them are truly my friends Y/n" he replied.

"Well I am your friend Draco Malfoy, whether you like it or not" I said smiled. He smiled and replied "You are my friend too Y/n Black". "Since that's settled, shall we dig in, I haven't had anything all day, and I need my strength" "Sure" he replied.