Chapter 19: Y/n if full of dark magic

Hermione Pov

I knew that Professor Dumbledore had called us to ask us about Y/n. Professor Mcgonagal led us to the infirmary and we waited outside for Professor Dumbledore to come. "I think you will know why I called you here" professor Dumbledore said walking out of the infirmary . We nodded.

"If you knew that Y/n was missing since after Supper, why didn't anyone say anything? Is it something that usually happens?" Professor Dumbledore asked. "we thought she was with professor Lupin" Harry replied.

"What about you miss Parkinson" He asked turning to her. "Umm.. Professor, Y/n often slips away from us saying she wanted to clear her head, whenever I asked her where she went, she would get angry at me, so I just covered for her" She replied with her head hanging low.

"What happened to her professor, professor Lupin told us that he hadn't been allowed to see Y/n yet and that she hadn't woken up" I asked.

"It seems that Y/n is full of dark magic, the kind of magic one should never deal with. A spell had gone wrong or someone had attacked her, which explains her current state" he replied. "How is the dark magic inside her Professor?" I asked. "We shall know that in time Ms Granger, for now Y/n hasn't woken up and only she can tell us the truth."

"Now run along all of you, back to your classes" professor Mcgonagal said as professor Dumbledore turned to leave. We left the infirmary and walked back to the defense against dark arts classroom. Pansy walked faster than us, leaving us behind. "Did any of you know about her dark magic?" Harry asked as we walked.

I shook my head no and so did Ron. "What if Sirius Black was the one that attacked her" Ron said, his voice low. "If it was, I'm sure Professor Dumbledore would take care of him" I replied. Harry and Ron nodded in agreement.

We entered the class and professor Lupin was already talking to Pansy. Professor Lupin called us to his table the moment he saw us."Is it true, is Y/n filled with dark magic?" Professor Lupin asked turning to us and his voice low so that no one else heard. "Yes professor it's true" Harry said making the professor fall deep in thought.

"That explains her eyes" he mumbled to himself. "Her eyes sir?" I asked. "Her eyes were pitch black when we found" Professor Lupin replied snapping out of his deep thought. "Did professor Dumbledore say anything else to you?" he asked.

"He said we would only know what happened when y/n wakes up and that we had to wait till then" Ron replied. "That is right, but what happens if she doesn't wake up...." A tear rolled down his cheek as he spoke. "She will wake up professor, she will I'm sure of it" I said reassuring him.

The next two days were horrible. It was as if a terrible shadow was cast over the teachers who just gave us some reading and sat at their desks all the time. Even professor Snape was quiet, and didn't give us much work to do.

The  students in our year weren't the same. The slytherins didn't make make fun of others as much, the hufflepuffs weren't as cheerful as usual , the ravenclaws weren't motivated to do anything and the gryffindors were extremely reckless. No one was allowed to see Y/n yet, and she hadn't woken up yet either. She had quite an effect on us, and we could see how it impacted us if she wasn't there.