Chapter 71: The kiss

Y/n Pov:

Draco and I had become close the following week, spending time in the library as I searched up about the golden egg, and Sirens. He would often walk me to class and to the Slytherin tower. He had become kinder, even not taunting Harry much, after I asked him not to.

I guess him telling me he liked me, changed my perspective about him.

"Mister Potter if you don't mind, please put the golden egg away, we don't want a repeat of last week" Professor Mcgonagal said in Transfiguration. Last week Harry brought the golden egg to class and opened it on accident, making everyone's ears bleed.

"Sorry Professor" Harry said slipping the egg into his bag. "And mister Malfoy, we all know that Miss Black is very beautiful, but I would suggest you not to stare at her and get on with your work" Professor Mcgonagal added.

"I was just looking outside Professor" Draco replied quickly. I turned to him and smiled. I could see Harry glaring at him from the corner of my eye.

"Draco?" I called out after class. "Y/n" he replied slightly smiling. "For the record, I was only looking outside, not at you" he added. "I never thought that you were looking at me Draco" I responded.

He moved closer to my ear. It made me skip a heart beat. "Meet me at the astronomy tower at 8" he whispered into my ear. "Um-uh.. sure" I replied. "I've got to go" I added walking away.

Was I falling for Draco? He was just amazing around me. His attitude, his demeanor and his care for me. 'He's Draco Malfoy' I reminded myself. 'He's a mean git'. But recently he wasn't like that.

"Hey P, I'll be back soon" I said walking out of the dorm later. "Dark magic?" she asked. I shook my head no. "Draco wanted to meet" I replied. "Ooh, don't worry I won't tell a soul" she said giggling. I rolled my eyes playfully and walked out.

"Draco?" I called out walking into the astronomy tower. It was chilly out, the end of November. Draco didn't seem to be there so I looked into the telescope to pass the time. "Beautiful isn't it?" I heard Draco say.

"The way they line up so perfectly, and glow so bright" he added. I moved away from the telescope. "Who named you?" I asked. "That is not a weird question to ask at all Y/n" Draco replied sarcastically. "I didn't mean to be weird. Your name, Draco, named after the star Draconis whoever named you must have great taste" I said.

"My mother did, she loves the stars" he replied. "Your mother is very amazing then, for the stars is one of the most beautiful things that exist" I stated. "And what about your mother? Why did she name you Y/n?" he asked. My face dropped. I was no longer smiling. I remembered Tom killing my parents.The spell I did to retrieve my memories was powerful, and I remembered seeing mom die.

"My mother passed away..." I replied, a few tears forming in my eyes. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know" he said. "Its alright, it was a long time ago anyways" I replied wiping away my tears. "Anyways why did you call me here?" I asked changing the topic.

"I think we can talk about another day" he replied sighing. "No it's alright Draco, I'm fine, and I want to know" I said. "You're shivering, take my jacket" he replied. "Draco.." he shushed me and gave him his jacket. I put it on and felt a warm relief.

His hand brushed against mine and I blushed slightly. He looked into my eyes before he leaned in and kissed me. I kissed back, a smile forming on my face. We pulled away, smiling.

"You're amazing Y/n, your sense of right and wrong, your wits, your cleverness, your kindness and courage, I couldn't possibly not like you" he said. "Thank you" I replied blushing slightly. "You're amazing too Draco, you have a soft side to you, and you stand for what you believe in, it's hard not to like you either" I added.

"Ooh look" I said pointing into the sky. He turned around to see a shooting star. "It looks so mystical" I said looking at it fly over. "You know that Muggles myth?" I asked. He shook his head no. "When a shooting star flies over you, you have to make a wish, and it's said to come true" I replied.

"That sounds-" "Far fetching" I interrupted. "I was going to say magical, but your also sounds reasonable" he replied chuckling. I giggled at him before turning back.

"What would you wish for?" I asked. "To be happy I guess, to have someone care for me" he replied. "What about you" he asked turning to me. "I have a million things I could wish for, but I guess it would be to not have the weight of the world on my shoulder, to feel free and happy" I replied sighing. "But they are just wishes, although for you I'm pretty sure it will come true one day" I added.

"And what about your wish?" he asked. "I don't think it will ever go to be honest, something or the other weighing me down, or something holding me back from being truly free on happy" I replied. "You could always share your responsibilities, whatever they are and talk to someone about how you feel" he suggested

"And who would I share it with Draco, who would want to listen to me pouring out all my feelings?" I replied. "I would" he responded. I blushed. 

NOTE: I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE PICTURE I USE, OR THE HARRY POTTER FRANCHISE, ONLY Y/N POTTER BLACK AND SUBSEQUENT CHARACTER.