Chapter 78: Second task

Y/n Pov:

Neville and I had come up with the plan of using Gillyweed for the second task. He handed it to me and Harry as we walked to the black lake. "You're sure about this Neville?" Harry asked.

"Absolutely" Neville replied. "For an hour?" Harry asked. "Most likely" Neville replied. "Most likely?" I asked. "Well there is some debate between Herbologists as to the effect of salt water versus fresh water" Neville replied.

"You're telling us this now?" Harry asked, slight fear in his voice. "You must be joking" Harry added. "I was only trying to help" Neville replied. "It's alright Nev, I believe in you" I said smiling.

"I wonder where Ron and Mione are, even Pansy's missing" I added. "I have no idea" Harry replied sighing.

"Welcome to the second task! Last night, something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure, of sorts. These five treasures, one for each champion, now lie at the bottom of the black lake. In order to win, each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface" Professor Dumbledore announced.

"Put that in your mouths" Professor Moody said as Harry and I put away our coats. We stuffed the Gilly weed into our mouths, gagging at most. It tasted worse than goblin piss and eye of newt mixed.

The cannon went off and I spit my Gilly weed out, it wasn't enough. Professor Moody pushed Harry in before turning to me. "What are you doing" he hissed at me. "Liceat Mihi Ad Iternicionem" I chanted closing my eyes. I jumped into the water, as the cold water consumed me.

I could breathe underwater, looks like my own spell worked. I swam across the lake, next to Harry. His Gilly Weed seemed to work perfectly. Swimming around, I could hear Mere people singing.

I saw Ron, Pansy, Mione, Cho and a little girl before me. Mere people surrounded us, their singing becoming louder. I felt Pansy cold face, she seemed to be in some kind of sleep. Cedric swam over before long and took Cho.

I freed Pansy before swimming over to Mione. The Mere People came closer to us. "Only one" they hissed, holding me and Harry with it's scepter. A shark headed for us and Harry freaked out. I knew it was Victor, he told me he was turning into a shark.

He swam away with Mione. I grabbed Pansy and Harry did the same with Ron. The little girl was still left behind. Harry held her by the hand and swam to the surface.

Mere People chased us, pulling us down. I let go of Pansy . Harry let go of Ron and the little girl. The Mere People dragged us down, and I could hear the clock chiming in the distance. Harry's Gilly weed had run out. "Ascendio" we cast. A burst of water pushed us out of the lake, making us land on the dock.

I noticed something before being burst out of the water, blood. People wrapped us with towels, but I pushed it away and jumped back in.

Harry Pov:

I was out of breath, and covered in towels.

"You both saved her, even though she wasn't yours to save, my little sister" Fleur said hugging Y/n and kissing me on the cheeks. "And you both, you helped as well" she said turning to Ron, kissing him on the cheek as well. She hugged Pansy Parkinson before turning back to what I deem was her sister.

"Splash" I heard someone jumping into the water. "What the-" "Y/n!" Ron exclaimed. "Y/n what's wrong with you!" Hermione exclaimed. "I need to go get her" I said getting up. "Look" Parkinson yelled pointing to the water.

A golden glow beamed from the lake, beautiful and bright. But Y/n was still in there.I was about to jump in before someone else beat me to it. Malfoy jumped in, bringing her out. She had passed out, and her nose was bleeding. She came to be once she reached the docks. "Stay away from her Malfoy" I yelled moving towards her.

"Why did you do that Y/n?" Malfoy asked ignoring me. "The Mere People.. she was.. she was bleeding.. she needed to be healed" Y/n said catching her breath. "Move away from her Malfoy" I repeated. He got up and moved away. Parkinson, Hermione and Ron surrounded her, wrapping her with towels.

"Attention!" Professor Dumbledore yelled. "The winner is, Mr Diggory!" he announced. Cheers erupted from the crowd. "Who showed innate command of the bubble head charm"Professor Dumbledore added.

"However seeing as Mr Potter and Miss Black would have finished first, if it wasn't for Mr Potter's  determination to rescue not only Mr Weasley, but the others as well, and Miss Black's determination to heal the Mere People, we've agreed to award them second place" Professor Dumbledore anounded.

Y/n and I high-fived."Second place" Hermione said smiling. "For outstanding Moral Fiber" Professor Dumbledore added.