Chapter 41: Expecto Patronum

3rd person pov

"I don't think anyone's coming Harry" Y/n said as they watched Harry's past self with Sirius at the lake. "I saw them, I know it was them, just any minute now" he replied. "The dementors are sucking his soul out of him" Hermione stated pointing to Sirius.

"Any minute now, they'll be here, I saw them" Harry repeated. "He's dying! I'm sorry Harry but I am not going to wait for your parents" Y/n said stepping in front of him.

"Join me" She said before yelling "Expecto Patronum!". Harry couldn't believe his eyes, as a doe formed in the light from Y/n's wand. The doe had a snake around it's neck, which hissed.

Most of the dementors were cast back, as a blue light surrounded them. "But that's my mother's patronus" Harry said. "Help me Harry" Y/n said as more and more dementors were cast back.

"Expecto Patronum" Harry yelled with his eyes closed. He opened them to see a stag, formed from the light from his wand, running around and playing with the doe. He didn't expect it to work at all, and was extremely surprised. A smile crept onto his face as the blue light from his wand cast back the rest of the dementors.

"You both can cast the patronus charm?!" Hermione exclaimed as they put their wands down. "This was my first time, Y/n already knew it" Harry replied smiling.

"They're safe for now, but we have to go to the dark tower right now" Y/n said joining the conversation. "For what?" Harry asked. "Sirius, he's in the top most cell in the dark tower" Hermione replied understanding what Y/n meant.

"HOW DO YOU BOTH KNOW THE PATRONUS CHARM!" Hermione asked screaming, as they flew on Buck Beak to the dark tower. She had to yell, the noise surrounding them was too loud to hear anything properly. 

"UNCLE REMUS TAUGHT ME" Y/n replied scraming.. "AND THEN SHE AND PROFESSOR LUPIN TAUGHT ME" Harry added. "THAT'S BRILLIANT" Hermione screamed back.

"I dislike this immensely, when can we get down" Hermione said after a while. "I don't like heights or flying" she added. Y/n and Harry look at each other and laughed. "Remember I told you I'll get you on a broom before fourth year" Y/n said. Hermione nodded.

"Well this is broomstick adjacent" Y/n said giggling. Hermione rolled her eyes playfully. Her dislike for flying was well known, and this was way out of her comfort zone.

They reached the dark tower and spotted Sirius in the top most cell, where Professor Dumbledore had said he would be. "Sirius!" "Dad!" Harry and Y/n chorused running up to his cell. "Alohomora" Hermione said pointing her wand at the lock on the cell. "It's no use, the lock's spelled" Sirius said sighing."At least I got to see you both before I go" he added.

"But you didn't do anything wrong" Harry said. "But that's how it is in the real world Harry, Professor Dumbledore was right, the word of four children will not convince the ministry" Hermione said. "Meaning we have to take this matter into our own hands" Y/n said before yelling "Bombarda Maxima" causing the lock to burst open.