Chapter 77:Clue to the clue

Y/n Pov:

Flowers. More flowers. Roses, dandelions, lilies, different each day. Diamond bracelets and earrings, which I gave back with no hesitation. That was Draco's was of apologizing. The root of our fight was a simple misunderstanding, and I would have not cared much of it if he wasn't trying to buy me back.

"Draco" I called out walking into his dorm. The first person I saw was Theodore. I had forgiven him a while back, after he apologized to me, sincerely. "Is Draco here?" I asked. "No Y/n, he went out" he replied.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted that day, I was impulsive and a huge jerk and-" "Theodore, you have been apologizing to me for months now. It's alright, I forgive easily" I interrupted.

"Thank you, but I have to ask, is something going on between you and Malfoy?" he asked. "There was I guess, but not now for sure" I replied. "And give this to him when he comes back" I added handing him the box in my hand. It was another pair of earrings.

"Sure" he replied taking to box. "Well, I'm off to see Victor, see you around Theodore" I said turning to leave. "See you around Y/n"

I walked over to the guest dorms, where the Durmstrang students were staying. "Y/n, I need to tell you something, but it's best if the others don't hear" I heard Victor say. I followed him to the corner of the room, away from Headmaster Igor.

"Hermione wasn't the same with me after the dance, your her best friend, and I wanted to ask you whether she likes her friend Ronald" Victor said.

"I'm not the person you should be asking Vic, the first step in any relationship if communication. I know it's not your strong spot, but if you want an answer you have to ask her yourself" I replied.

"I would give you an answer, but it won't be fair to Mione if I do, she should be the one to answer you, not me" I added. "I'll ask her, but I don't think I stand a chance with her" he replied sighing.

"You have to ask her yourself Vic, I know I'm the only friend you have who's a girl, but this isn't one of those girl understands girl things. Women aren't that different from men. If she had the same doubt, she should ask you, not your friends" I said.

"Thanks Y/n, I'll do that" he replied. "And also, did you find out the second clue yet?" he asked. I shook my head no. "I'll give you a small hint, that I know only you can understand" he said. "The sound that you hear from the egg, relates more to the clue than you think"

I immediately understood what he meant. "Thank you Vic, I have to go right now" I replied running away. I got to the dorm and shut the door. "Screeeech" the sound came from opening the egg. A siren. It must be Sirens, uncle Remus took me to see a few.

"How do I get the clue, think Y/n, what's related to Sirens?" I muttered to myself. "Water!" I exclaimed. I got the egg and rushed to the girls bathroom. I submerged it in water, hoping something would happen. I opened it and heard;

Come seek us where our voices sound,
We cannot sing above the ground,
And while you're searching ponder this;
We've taken what you'll sorely miss,
An hour long you'll have to look,
And to recover what we took,
But past an hour, the prospect's black,
Too late, it's gone, it won't come back.

"Looks like you've got the clue" I heard Myrtle say. "Yea I did, Victor helped me" I replied. "Ohh that handsome Durmstrangs boy?" she asked. "Yea, him" I replied chuckling.

"I should go tell Harry the clue, see you around Myrtle, and thank you for keeping my past a secret" I added. She responded with a smile.

I wrote it down in my book and walked out. I saw Cedric with his friends, laughing about something funny he had said. "Ced, I need to tell you something" I said pulling him away from them.

"I am going to give you a clue to the clue" I said as soon as we were out of earshot. "Take it out your egg for a swim, or a bath"

"A bath?" he asked confused."Yes a bath, I'm not speaking German am I" I replied sarcastically. "I'll do that, thanks Y/n" Cedric responded. "And if you don't mind Ced, tell Harry the clue as well, he did tell you about the dragons" I said.

"Matter of fact I do owe him, thanks for the 'clue to the clue' Y/n" he replied.