Chapter 36: Werewolf

3rd person

Hermione checked on Ron's foot as they got out of the hole under the willow. Ron's foot had a nasty bite from Sirius and it bled heavily.

Sirius walked away admiring the castle. Y/n and Harry followed him and stood next to him as he "I'll never forget the first time I walked through those doors, it will be nice to do it again as a free man".

"It was a noble thing you two did back there, he doesn't deserve it" he continued "Well I didn't think my dad would have wanted his two best friends to become killers" Harry replied. "Dead the truth dies with him, alive you're free" he added. Y/n kept silent, thinking to herself.

"Y/n.." Sirius said noticing her silence. "Yea?" she asked looking up. "What's on your mind?" "I'm not saying what Peter Pettigrew did was right, but he was probably scared out of mind when he led Voldemort to Lily and James Potter's house, he doesn't deserve to die" she replied. "You know how to see the good in people don't you" Sirius said smiling a little.

"She can be scary too, she would hex someone in a second if they made her cross" Harry replied as she rolled her eyes and hit him playfully in the arm.

" I know it's been years since I last saw you, but if you wouldn't mind, you could spend the holidays with me?" Sirius asked doubtfully turning to Y/n.  "I would love too" Y/n replied smiling.

"Harry, I don't think you know, but Lily and James made me your godfather when you were born" SIrius said turning to Harry. "Yes I did" Harry replied. "Of course I would understand if you wanted to stay with your uncle and aunt, but if you ever wanted a different home" Dad continued. "what?" Harry asked. " it was just a thought, I understand if you don't want to-"

"Harry, Y/n!" Hermione shouted. They turned around to see the moon coming out. Y/n and Sirius ran to Remus. "Remus my friend did you take your potion tonight? Don't forget who you truly are Remus! This heart is where you truly live "Sirius yelled as Remus stared at the moon

"Y/n run!" Hermione yelled. "I won't leave him like this" Y/n yelled back reaching into her pocket. She pulled out a few herbs and stuffed it into Remus's mouth as he growled. She stepped back and stood with the trio as Remus's wand fell to the ground.

Peter picked it up. "Expelliarmus!" Harry yelled causing the wand to fall out of Peter's hands. He looked back at them before turning into a rat and running away. Y/n tried to run after him but Hermione pulled her back before she coul.

Remus started to transform into his werewolf form and flung Sirius away. Harry and Ron stepped back turning away to run. "Wait" Hermione said making both of them stop dead in their tracks. She approached Remus. "Professor? Professor Lupin?" she said as he whined.

"Uncle Remy, it's going to be alright" Y/n said walking up to Hermione. They paused looking at him, hoping for some answer back. Instead he howled at the moon and came for them.