Chapter 33: the execution

Harry Pov

The dreaded day had come. Buck Beak was to be executed today and we could do nothing but watch.

We walked out of the castle towards Hagrid's hut to see Buck Beak one last time. "I can't believe there gonna kill Buck beak, it's just too horrible" Hermione said walking. "It just got worse" Ron replied pointing ahead.

Draco Malfoy was there joking with Crabbe and Goyle. "Come to watch the show?!" He asked smirking. Y/n took out her wand and placed it at his throat.

"I thought you tried your best to help Buck Beak, but I should have known you were planning to  enjoying this" she said tightening her grip on her wand. "Let him go, he's not worth it" Ron said. Y/n put her wand into her pocket and stepped back.

She nodded to Hermione as she curled up her fist. Hermione punched him in the face, making his nose bleed and Y/n kneed him in his stomach making him clutch it. He ran away scared with Crabbe and Goyle chasing after him.

"That was bloody brilliant" Ron said chuckling. "I'm not done"Y/n replied pulling out her wand and mumbling something pointing it at Draco.

"We should get to Hagrid's" she said walking away. "What did you spell him with?" Hermione asked. "Don't worry about it" Y/n replied smiling slightly. Her face fell once we reached Hagrid's hut. Me Ron and Hermione walked into Hagrid's hut while Y/n stayed outside with Buck Beak.

Y/n Pov

Buck Beak nuzzled into my neck as I walked up to him. He was such a beautiful creature and I didn't want to loose him at all. "I'm sorry Buck Beak, I couldn't keep my promise to Hagrid" I whispered to him. He crooned as if he had understood me. "I'm going inside Buddy, Goodbye Buck Beak" I said kissing him on his head and walking away.

Hermione Pov

"What if we took Buck Beak away, hid him or something" I said as Y/n walked in. "We can't do that Mione" she said sighing. "Not now anyways" she mumbled. "You will do no such thing, just as Y/n said" Hagrid replied in a disgruntled voice.

"And Ron, I have something for you" Hagrid said taking something out of a box. "Scabbers!" he exclaimed with a wide grin. "Don't you think you owe someone and apology Ron" Y/n said smirking. "Tell Crookshanks I'm sorry" he replied turning to me. "She meant me Ron" I said exasperated.

The vase next to me suddenly broke. A rock had hit it and it split in half. I picked up the rock, and observed it. Harry felt something hitting his head and turned back to see who it was. He instead saw a few people and the executioner walking up to Hagrid's house.

"Go out the back door" Hagrid said pointing to the back door. We sneaked out and walked up the hill to see the execution.