Chapter 79: Obsession

Y/n Pov:

The following week I spent pondering over who could have put our names in the Goblet of fire and what was going to happen. Harry and I having the same dream was no coincidence, and I spent hours ruling out suspects from the list of people who did not know my real name. It was huge list, and I was able to cut out the people who were in Hogwarts at the time.

I won't lie, I got absorbed in it. So much that Pansy practically begged me stop obsessing over whatever it was I was doing. Even Draco, who I had not forgiven yet, would try to drag me away.

For some reason, the name Bartemius Crouch Jr ran in my mind. I didn't know why, so I asked dad to tell me about him. He replied telling me to meet in Hogsmeade, where he had settled down for a while, and to bring Harry, Ron and Mione along.

So we set off, on a nice February day. "I missed you Y/n" Harry said as we walked to Hogmsmeade. "Even I did" Ron added. "So did I" Mione said. "I was right there you guys" I replied.

"You've been obsessed with who put our names in the Goblet Y/n" Harry said. "Harry, I know the dream we shared wasn't a coincidence. Something bigger is going on here, something dark and powerful, and I have to stop it before it's too late" I replied.

"It isn't healthy to obsess over something like this Y/n, everyone wants you to snap out of your trance" Mione said sighing. "This isn't a trance Mione, Ron back me up here. How many times had Harry had a feeling in his bones and it turned out to be right?" I asked.

"I'm sorry Y/n, what you're saying may be true, and I do believe you, but it isn't good to obsess over it, you could go bloody mad" Ron replied.

I scoffed at him. "Fine whatever, let's just go" I said.

"Dad" I said smiling. "Hello princess, hello Harry, Hermione Ron" Dad replied smiling. "Harry told me that you've been consumed by this Triwizard tournment and who could have put your names in the Goblet" he said turning to me.

"So now you both are talking about me in your letters" I replied. "It's nothing bad, It's just I'm worried about you" Harry said. "We all are" Ron added. Hermione nodded in agreement.

"Dad, this name has been lingering in my mind for the past few days, Bartemius Crouch Junior, what can you tell me about him?" I asked ignoring what Harry and Ron had said. "He was the son of Bartemius Crouch senior, as you very well know, and he was a death eater, sent to prison by his own father" dad replied.

"He was sentenced to death and the only thing he requested on his death bed was to his mother" dad continued. "His mother?" I asked. "Mrs Crouch, she loved her son deeply, and it made sense for them to meet" dad replied.

"I guess that's all about him for now" I said. "I'll get back to my research" I added. "Y/n, maybe you should go easy on your work, and calm down, take a day or two off, enjoy your days" dad suggested. "My nightmares are getting worse, something terrible is going to happen,I know it. Something dark and powerful, that will change everything. Dark magic surrounds me, and so does evil auras. I can't sit still and let it happen, I need to do something about it before it's too late" I replied.

"Y/n, maybe-" "No maybe's, if something happens and if I wasn't able to stop then it'll be my fault" I interrupted. "I understand what you're saying, I know it isn't good or healthy for me to obsess over it, but I have to, if I want to stop whatever it is from happening"

"I'm leaving, I love you dad, I'll see you soon" I said walking out of the cave where dad was currently staying.