Chapter 40: It's a time loop

3rd person Pov:

The four of them hid in the forest as Professor Dumbledore, the executioner and a few others came out. They all were extremely surprised to find Buck Beak missing, except for Professor Dumbledore, who looked like he had expected it.

"Lets go somewhere else, Buck Beak's getting restless" Y/n said to Hermione and Harry. The four of them walked over to the other edge of the forest, where they could see the whomping willow.

They watched their past selves fight against the whomping willow, and Ron being dragged away. They sat down slightly tired with Buck Beak's chain in Y/n's hands.

"Down by the river, I saw someone, well actually two people"Harry said after a while. "They were the ones who produced the patronus's weren't they" Y/n stated. "Only very powerful wizards can produce a patronus charm" Hermione said.

"I think the people I saw were my parents" Harry said. "But your parents-" "I know they're dead Hermione, but I saw them" Harry interrupted. Y/n and Hermione sighed and went back to watching the Whomping willow. "There's Professor Lupin" Hermione pointed out, as their past selves faced the werewolf. "He's running behind my dad" Y/n said getting up.

"He's coming for us" Harry exclaimed. "Not us, us, our past selves" he added. "Owooooo" Y/n howled making the Professor Lupin turn away from their past selves. "Owoooooo" she howled again. "What did you just do" Harry exclaimed getting up. "Hide me" Y/n whispered as she placed Buck Beak's chains in Hermione's hands. Harry and Hermione looked at her confused as she hid behind a tree.

But before they could ask her what she was doing, they heard a growl from not to far behind them. It was Professor Lupin, charging at them. Harry and Hermione moved out of the way, and the professor missed them. "Buck Beak!" Hermione yelled as Buck Beak got loose. He went after the professor and they fought, Buck Beak with his beak and talons, Professor Lupin with his gnarly teeth and knife-like claws.

"Hermione? Harry?" they heard someone say from behind them. "Y/n?" Hermione asked confused. She glanced to another Y/n hiding behind the tree.

"I just saw you running the other way..Buck Beak?" Y/n said as she saw Buck Beak and Professor Lupin in battle. "I have to get back" past Y/n said stepping back. She ran back to the whomping willow as Buck Beak won the fight.

"I thought the voice I heard earlier was familiar, it was my own" Y/n said coming out from behind the tree. "So you knew we would be here-" "and Buck Beak would be saved, yes" Y/n interrupted.

"It's a time loop" Hermione realized. Y/n nodded. "We need to get to the river, my parent's are there, I want to see them" Harry said as he picked up Buck Beak's chains. "But I don't think it's them" Hermione replied softly. "Fine let's go, but neither do I think it was them Harry" Y/n added.