Chapter 35: After that the Dementors can have you

Y/n Pov

"I wanted to be the one to catch you" professor Snape said stepping closer to us. "I told Professor Dumbledore that someone was helping you inside" he continued.

"As usual Severus you come to the wrong conclusion" Dad replied walking towards him. I exchanged glances with Harry and Hermione. They had gotten it all wrong earlier, and Mione calling me a traitor wasn't the nicest of things.

"You dragged Y/n into this, if you hurt her" I heard professor Snape saying lifting his wand to dad's throat. "I would never do anything of the sort" dad replied. "You four are coming with me" Professor Snape said motioning us out the door. "I'm sorry Professor" I said before yelling "Expelliarmus!" causing Professor Snape to fly backwards.

"What did you just do" Ron said. "You just attacked a teacher Y/n!" Mione exclaimed. "Tell them about Peter Dad, Harry needs to know" I said ignoring what Mione and Ron had said. "Tell me about Peter Pettigrew" Harry said stepping forward. "He went to school with us, he was our friend" Uncle Remus replied. "Pettigrew's dead"

"No he isn't Harry."Even I saw Peter in the map Harry, after you did" I said. "The map was lying then" Harry replied, his voice growing louder. "The map never lies!" Dad exclaimed "Pettigrew's alive, and he's right there" he said pointing to Scabbers.

"Me? Your mental" Ron replied. "Not you the rat" dad said. "Scabbers has been in my family for-" "Twelve years, curiously long life for a common garden rat?!" Dad interrupted. "He's missing a toe isn't he?" he continued. "So what" Ron replied.  Harry realized what dad had meant and said "All they could find of Pettigrew was his-" "finger!" me and dad chorused."The coward cut it off, so that everyone would think he was dead" Dad continued walking towards Ron. "and then he transformed into a rat" I added.

"Show me" Harry said pointing out his wand. Dad grabbed Scabbers from Ron while Mione held him back. Scabbers made a run for it as soon as he was placed down. Dad tried to aim at him to turn him back but kept missing. I pointed my wand at him as he took out the door turning Scabbers into Peter, getting stuck in the door. Dad and Uncle Remus pulled him out throwing him into the corner.

"Remus...Sirius..., my old friends" Peter said as he ran for the door. They pushed him back causing him to turn to me and Harry. " Harry, Y/n look at you, Harry you look so much like your father" he said turning to Harry."Like James, we were the best of friends" he continued turning to me. "How dare you speak to them, how dare you talk about James in front of -em" Dad yelled causing peer to run behind a piece of furniture.

"You sold James and Lily to Voldemort didn't you!" Uncle Remus shouted. "I didn't mean to..." Peter whined. "The Dark Lord, you have no idea the weapons he possesses, Sirius what would you have done, what would you have done...?!"

"I would have died"! Dad exclaimed causing Peter to duck under the table. "I would have than betrayed my friends!" dad said as Peter ran towards the door. Me and Harry ran to cover it.

"Harry, Y/n, James wouldn't have wanted me killed, your dad, your dad would have spared me" he whispered to our ears. "He would have shown me mercy!" Peter yelled as dad and Uncle Remus pulled him back. "James isn't my father" I mumbled as Peter was thrown across the room.

"You should have realized Peter that if Voldemort didn't kill, we would" dad yelled. "No!" "Stop" me and Harry yelled as dad and Uncle Remus raised their wands at him.

"This man-" "I know what he is, but we'll take him to the castle" Harry said. "Bless you boy" Peter said. "I said we would take you to the castle" Harry continued. "After that the dementors can have you" I said finishing Harry's sentence.