The Two Methods for Sense Withdrawal

There are two general methods for sense withdrawal that works very well to help people gradually reduce the power of the senses and empower the soul to lure one to the True Eternal Soul.

¶ The first method is to follow a personal Ayurvedic dosha food plan and lifestyle. By returning the body, mind, behavior and spirit to a state of balance, one feels truly a sense of health and vitality that gives new meaning to the world health.

As a person becomes truly healthy in this balanced manner, eating something that is not healthy for them, but the senses wants, makes them feel worse, and they naturally reject the food.

For example, a caving for sweets causes the ingestion of white sugar, which has been linked to hyperactivity, and a reduction of energy and nutrition. The best route is to substitute the harmful substance with a good one that will simultaneously satisfy the desire for something sweet and nutritious.

Here, switching to sweets that contain whole cane sugars like sugar cane or maple syrup that retain their inherent nutrients, allows for a more integrated, grounding, and healthy body and mind. If after a while the person decides to taste a sweet containing white sugar, the harmonious, balanced body will be attacked by the white sugar, shocking the mind and body and causing uncomfortable feeling as hyperactivity.

When the soul, intuition, or stomach says, ‘hey, this is making me sick.’ The person will have awakened to the reality that what the senses thought they wanted, the body does not like. The mind and body now take over, stopping activities that harm it. The demands of the senses are illusions, and a balanced dosha can dispel the illusion. A person with a balanced dosha, has more control over their senses. Therefore, distinguish between what is temporary and what is permanent.

¶ The second method to develop the ability to withdraw the senses is to follow one’s life purpose — doing what one loves to do. That is, doing what comes as second nature. The joy and meaningfulness of such actions unlocks out inner wealth to our awareness.

We see that nothing gives us greater pleasure and meaning than to use our God-given talents, and using them to help others, that is, not for selfish reasons. In this state of inner satisfaction and perhaps inner joy, the senses are also satisfied and so do not cry out for attention.

Both these habits are natural ways a person grows into a state where the senses are satisfied.

From these two approaches, a third method automatically arises: gratitude for the sacredness of life as part of a spiritual awakening. Now the Soul is ever more fed through spiritual life and nothing in the material world can attract our senses as much as the spiritual life.

 Now the Soul is ever more fed through spiritual life and nothing in the material world can attract our senses as much as the spiritual life