What is Ashtami and Navami?

The new moon comes in a month, a full moon.  You know that both of those events are caused by the rotation of the earth and the moon.  The 14 days from Prime to Chaturdasi are named to indicate the number of days from the new moon or the full moon to indicate the days.

• Pavurnami, the day after the new moon (means First Day)

• Twilight is the second day (Tho means two.

• Trinity is the third day (Tri is not three?)

• Square is the fourth day (the square has four sides)

• Panchami means fifth day (Panch means fifth)

• Sashti is the sixth day
Saptami is the seventh day (are not the seven vowels as vowels?)

Ashtami is the eighth day (we have heard that Ashtavakram means eight angles and Ashta Lakshmi)

• Navami is the ninth day (they know that Nava means nine and the Nava planets)

Dasami is the tenth day (Das is not ten? We have heard the incarnations of the god Tharam)

Ekadasi is the eleventh day (Ek is one and Dus is ten plus two is eleven)

• Duwadasi is the twelfth day (Tho / Duvi is two Dus is ten, so the sum is twelve)

• Triyodasi means thirteenth day (Tri means three + Dus means ten and thirteen.

• Chaturdasi is the fourteenth day (Satur (square) is fourteen plus ten plus Das)

Next to Chaturdasi will be Pavurnami or Amavasya.  These are the names that point to days like this.

Whether or not there is any explanation for the fact that the eighth and ninth day after the new moon or the full moon are bad.