Avatars

Avatars:

• God comes to earth in human form when virtue runs the risk of being destroyed by vice.
• Reincarnation is defined as the Soul moving from body to body until one body realizes they are the Soul. Death is just the ex- change of bodies, such as discarding old, worn clothes for new apparel.
• Each religion claims that their God is the only way. There are, in fact, many paths to the same, one goal — Divine realization.

God created the gunas that do the work of creation, mainte- nance, and destruction in all of life; As eternal and unbound- ed, God is beyond all activity and material limitations.

¶ Dispelling the Myth of the Caste System:

• People perform best according to their innate God-given abili- ties, thus making specialization of labor important; one job is not superior to another; all are interdependent.
Righteousactionisactionthatisdoneforselflessreasons,andun- righteous actions are those actions that are done for selfish reasons. When a person is aware of their eternally still Soul, even while they are acting, they have succeeded in becoming detached.

¶ Detachment, Gratitude, and Contentment:

The secrets to easy living: gratitude, contentment, and detach- ment are discovered when being content with whatever comes without undue effort.

¶ Different Forms of Sacrifice (Selfless Service):

• Sacrifice can involve controlling one’s senses, offering money, charity work, austerities, spiritual practices, scriptural study, breath control, and the highest, letting go of personal desires.

¶ How to Gain Knowledge:

• Through sincerity and humility a person gains true knowledge.
Dispelling the Myths of the Habits of the Poor:
• When given an opportunity — a hand-up, the poor prove to be as honest or more honest, reliable, and intelligent as others who have had more opportunities in their life.
Knowledge Through Alternatives:
Focusing on the root of problems instead of addressing the symptoms, allows you to realize alternative ways to correct situations in all areas of life.

Knowledge Through Alternatives:Focusing on the root of problems instead of addressing the symptoms, allows you to realize alternative ways to correct situations in all areas of life