27 types of fasting in Hindu mythology

Fasts

Learn how to fast properly and learn in detail about the 27 types of fasting in Hindu mythology.

Fasting is the practice of not eating from morning to evening.  They also say that it is better to fast one day a month.  Some people spend half the week fasting.

In ancient times, our ancestors used to say that fasting is 'fasting'.  The purpose of fasting is to purify both body and mind.  Being fasting once a month can bring about many positive changes in our lifestyle.

  The main purpose of fasting is to introspect oneself, to cultivate positive thoughts, and to renew the mind.

How to fast properly?  There are 27 types of fasts mentioned in Hindu mythology.  They are,

1. Not even swallowing saliva.  This can only be practiced by yogis.

2. Fasting by drinking only one of honey or young water.

3. Fasting by drinking only cow's milk.

4. Fasting for twelve consecutive days without any food, drinking only water.

5. Fasting only in the morning.

6. Eating only lunch and fasting.

7. Eating only dinner and fasting.

8. Fasting for three consecutive days eating only breakfast.

9. Fasting for three consecutive days after eating only lunch.

10. Fasting for three consecutive days eating only dinner.

11. For severe fasts 21 days fasting by drinking only cow's milk.

12. Fasting for three days during the day, perhaps eating only three handfuls of food.

13. Eating only three handfuls of food at night and fasting.

14. One day fasting by eating only clean sesame seeds during the day.

15. Fasting by eating cow's milk only one night.

16. Fasting by drinking only curd for one day.

17. Fasting by drinking only clean water throughout the day.

18. Fasting for a whole day by eating only porimavu (roasted boiled rice with well-powdered ghee, coconut and sugar).

19. Eating only department flour and fasting for a whole day.

20. Starting on the day of tea and ending with waxing until the days of tea, eat only one handful of food per day and then increase each handful of food per day and reduce it to one handful of food after the end of the day.

21. Fasting for a whole day by drinking only archery leaves and water.

22. Fasting for a whole day by drinking royal leaf shoots and water.

23. Fasting for a whole day by drinking only fig leaves and water.

24. Fasting with two meals a day.

25. Fasting with lunch only on the first day and dinner only the next day.

26. Eating only vegetarian foods that are low in meat and low in spices and fasting.

27. Fasting should not include only foods containing bananas, garlic, onions and lentils.

Which of these fasts do you think is better to follow?  You can choose any fast that suits your physical condition and situation.  But the best fasting method is to drink only water and fast without eating anything.

  But the best fasting method is to drink only water and fast without eating anything