Ch 2

1.2 The Emperor Hates The Empress
*
*
*
Immediately after the marriage, the Empress was excluded from all the affairs of the Imperial family. Apart from the difficulty of seeing the Emperor's face, she couldn't even manage any of the Imperial affairs, and the only thing that the Empress could do was to manage the over a hundred of employees she had brought from the Delua's dukedom.

However, as if it was fun to play with her own people in her palace, the Empress never went outside and continued her daily life as if she had expected it before. The Empress' attitude was obviously expressing to people, 'I eat and live well'.

The Empress' handmaidens seemed to not care at all that Yvonne Delua was acting so arrogantly. They even walked around with their head up high with all their heart and soul, too.

All of this provoked Karloi Croytan's hatred even more. The Emperor also despised looking at the Empress' face for more than five seconds.

At the Imperial events where they were forced to endure each other's existence, the Emperor always brought another woman and chose to ignore the Empress.

"Karloi..."

Yvonne and the attendants heard that hush whisper from the woman whom Karloi had brought.

She even dared to call the Empress by his name!

Fortunately, it wasn't a nickname. Had she called the Emperor through his nickname, Gorten would have sworn that he would never allow it.

In Croysen, even the commoners do not give their nicknames to just anyone. Because there was a legend that was spread in Croysen that if you secretly repeat the nickname of your crush, your love will come true.

Gorten wondered if he should be grateful that the Emperor did not cross the line. He then glared at the woman, as if he wanted to kill her.

However, Karloi looked at the woman with a gentle expression that would never exist again.

"Is there anything you want to have?"

"Would you give me anything if there was something I want?"

Yvonne Delua wasn't particularly responsive when she saw the Emperor and the woman whispering to each other right in front of her.

Seeing the Empress, who seemed to be suffocating with boredom, made the people think that the Emperor wasn't the only one who chose to ignore the other.

"Wouldn't it be nice if I could see the Wolf's Tears at least once?!"

The woman shouted innocently from the side.

All the attendants, including the head servant Gorten, were shocked and even gasped, but the Empress did not even move.

The 'Wolf's Tears' was an Imperial necklace that has been handed down to the Empress from generation to generation. But Karloi didn't give it to Yvonne, even though it had been quite some time before their wedding took off.

Gorten glared at the woman with a reddish face, and seemed to look like he would collapse at any moment, but Karloi burst into laughter as if he found it amusing.

"Since I don't have anyone to give it to, it would be better if you use it rather than just collect some dust!"

Did he just say that he'll give it to the woman next to him?

"Your Majesty!"

An unheard-of nobleman called out to him, but Karloi just ignored him and tilted his beautiful face.

"Why? The Empress wouldn't want anything like that anyway. Isn't that right?"

When he asked the last question, he turned his head slightly and looked at the Empress. Yvonne's noble face, with her chin gracefully placed on her hand, remained unchanged and her gaze did not even falter.