Ch 93

15.1 The Empress Hates The Emperor (1)
*
*
*

The first sight that Asher saw when he arrived at the top floor of the Delua Tower, after clearing up all the men who were not even threatened, was not pleasant at all. At the entrance of the door, a butler was hanging around with his neck hanging, and when he went inside, he saw Karloi hugging the Empress and was crying.

And next to him was a man in a black robe, and behind him was Duke Delua, who had a dagger stuck in his neck, with his eyes open.

"Your Majesty."

Asher called Karloi, but Karloi just hugged the Empress' body and kept crying. He had never seen Karloi cry so terribly sadly before, so Asher spoke in a bewildered voice.

"Your Majesty, calm down."

"...Get a physician here right now."

"Here? I think it's better to go somewhere else..."

It didn't seem appropriate to treat anyone in a place full of corpses.

"You go there yourself."

Karloi, with his red eyes, said in a hoarse voice.

"Because you're the fastest. Pick up a physician and bring him here in the Delua tower."

Unable to say no, Asher exited the Delua Tower.

Asher did not want the Empress to die. If she was to die, Karloi might die too. No, he was sure he would. And Croysen without Karloi didn't mean much to Asher.

It was noisy outside, but it seemed to be roughly organized. There was a string of Duke's men tied up like prisoners. Smoke rising from somewhere in the distance blurred the sky. The fall of Delua was as vain as the smoke.

------------------

Karloi's condition remained the same when Asher returned to the tower with a physician. The difference was that he was rubbing the Empress' arms and legs, but he kept calling the name 'Lou' while crying.

The physician, who seemed startled by the sight of the corpses, quickly began to skillfully examine the condition of the Empress at the place full of death.

"The problem was on the inside."

The physician, who finished to stop the bleeding as an emergency measure, opened his mouth. Karloi could see it was an ominous nuance.

"What does that mean?"

Seeing the Emperor who seemed to be out of his mind, the physician felt both pathetic and sympathetic towards him. He wondered if he was going to let go of his senses just by getting hurt and being so in denial.

"It's not a deep wound, but she's so weak that she can't stand such a wound. We will never know when she is going to wake up."

"Then how...?"

"For now, we have no choice but to wait. And we must move to the capital as soon as possible."

Karloi nodded unconsciously.

"And these scars... There's a trace of healing magic. It seems that she had been constantly receiving magic to make her scars invisible. I heard that she had a dedicated physician, was it because of this?"

The therapist tilted his head, not understanding why the Duke's daughter, who was said to be precious, had such a scar. Only Karloi's chest was shriveled.

Asher spoke carefully next to Karloi, who was only shedding tears.

"On the way, I heard that Count Anssen was at the border with all his troops, but the power was poor. And Clyde Anssen arrived earlier than expected and joined the Markians."