Ch 19

3.5 The Empress cannot hate the Emperor (2)
*
*
*
Yvonne was watching the flowers in the 28th Garden, where exotic plants were collected and planted.

"Aren't those flowers really creepy? It's pretty, but it's a flower that commits suicide."

Mary Ann whispered to Yvonne, seeing a gorgeous red flower beautifully located on the clear water.

"Committing suicide? A flower?"

"Don't you know? That's a Sorano flower that only blooms in the Mach Empire. When insects come in contact, they spit out liquid and commit suicide."

"Then, why is the flower fine here?"

"It could be because of the magical smoke, something that only blooms on Mach, or it could be because there are no insects."

The intensely beautiful flowers left a dark afterimage on Yvonne. It was a shock that even flowers could choose their own life.

But what about her?

When Mary Ann heard Yvonne's new decision, she shouted in fright.

"Never! Do you want to die?"

"It's not like that. I can take the antidote in advance."

"If the antidote doesn't work, what would you do?! The Duke is not a fool!"

"We know what kind of poison it was so we could figure out the antidote in advance."

"Is that it? Then I'd rather feed Lady Roden with the antidote instead."

Yvonne shut her mouth at Mary Ann's sharp voice. Mary Ann was steadfast and struck Yvonne as if she was the Duke.

"Look. Your Majesty also knows that an antidote does not guarantee safety! Besides, you have a weak body."

"...It's not like that. Even if there is an antidote, how would you approach Lady Roden then?"

When Mary Ann tried to nag something else, Yvonne quickly spoke.

"And if one thing goes wrong, the Duke won't hurt me. He won't even think that I did it on purpose."

"That's ridiculous..."

"Mary Ann, would you think I would have done something like that?"

Mary Ann looked at Yvonne with a shocked face and asked a question without answering her.

"Do you really want to die?"

She tried to answer Mary Ann's question. But strangely, the words didn't come out easily.

Does she really want to die according to Mary Ann's words?

Seeing Yvonne not responding, Mary Ann's face turned blue and began to persuade her in a different direction.

"The Duke will notice that you swapped the glasses."

Perhaps it was an operation to appeal to Yvonne's reason.

Yvonne shook her head with an indifferent face.

"There's no doubt about it, but we wouldn't know. As always, hell kill all the people involved as well."

"But I can't do it..."

"If Mary Ann doesn't help, I'll do it through another handmaiden. Then it will be easier for the Duke to find out about my plan and he won't leave me alone."

Mary Ann looked up at Yvonne with a surprised face at the same words as intimidation.

"Why are you doing this?... Did you really care about the Emperor?"