Ch 18

3.4 The Empress cannot hate the Emperor (2)
*
*
*
The rain was much harder than people had expected. Everyone said it was the first time they saw such heavy rain.

Lilian regretted for a moment that she had put flumen stone on the roof for no reason. This amount of rain seems to be able to sweep down the house, or even the entire village, even without using a flumen stone.

She brought a lot of sparsio stones at home, but she was still worried.

Aunt Mariel had offered to stay with her mother in exchange for a sparsio stone, but little anxiety remained with her.

"Hey. Let's not talk about leaving. Aren't we going to die here too?"

It wasn't until the rain dipped inside that Kal asked with a suspicious face.

Lilian put flumen stone all over the lair, and the thugs were busy checking other places.

Or maybe Kal doesn't care because he'll be killed by them anyway.

"You can't be killed like that."

Lilian mumbled, attaching a sparsio stone to his body. Then she released Kal.

Kal, who was released after two weeks, was awkward to move freely because his limbs felt unfamiliar.

**BANG!

Suddenly, a tremendous sound was heard, and one of the ceilings above Lilian collapsed.

Lilian closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around her head. But she didn't feel any pain.

As she opened her eyes slightly with a puzzled face, she saw Kal covering her.

"Hey, are you crazy?!"

As soon as he was released, it was quite crazy that what he was doing after was to get hit by the collapsed ceiling instead.

When they first met, she remembered how he was yelling at Lillian to run away.

"Ah."

A weak groan flowed from Kal, as his back had been hit directly.

"What are you doing?"

"Oh, I just did it because there was a person in front of me. And you're also crazy for trying to save me."

"...Thanks."

When Lilian said a gentle thank you, Kal shut up.

Lilian felt instinctively that the time to leave had come. Soon, this place would completely collapse, and the thugs would come in.

"Let's get out. We have to go out now."

As if Lilian's hand was the only rope, Kal eagerly and firmly held her hand.

"...Your hands are very warm."

She could hear Kal muttering alone from behind, but Lilian was focused on getting out.

No one has seen her coming here today, so they wouldn't doubt Lilian.

Lilian carefully opened the back door and pulled out Kal.

"Do you know where to go?"

"You're asking something that's already given. This is my area."

"But why are you saving me?"

Lilian gave strength to his hand she touched. The feeling of them holding hands was awkward and strange. In fact, that was what Lilian wanted to ask Kal.