Ch 141

21.1 The Emperor And The Empress
*
*
*

"I'll go see you soon."

It was a promise. The promise that Karloi made to her. Lilian realized this in Lasortio. The short word that she heard without thinking much about, felt longer as time went by.

As she pondered why she was thinking of such a short word, Lilian realized that it was because she was waiting. She felt strangely restless.

"Who is going to come?"

Olivia Donata asked with a grin. Lilian, who was sitting on the shores of Lake Mexus, shook her head in visibly embarrassment

"No, what are you talking about?"

"You turn your head every time you hear something. You won't do that if it was really nothing."

After seeing Olivia again after a long time, nothing has changed. When she heard that Lilian had decided to come back, she welcomed her, said that Olivia Donata received some rewards from the Emperor.

"Taking care of Her Majesty is fun, but I can't believe I was rewarded because of it."

Olivia Donata wasn't the only one who had received something, Lasortio was also quite different as well. It is clear that it has become more glamorous, but seeing that it is different from Purtu, it seems that Olivia did the decoration.

"I'm not waiting for someone..."

Contrary to her answer, at the words of Mary Ann from afar, Lilian raised her head again.

"Someone came from Purtu."

Behind Mary Ann, Gorten and other servants were coming. Karloi wasn't there.

"Your Majesty, I'm glad you look better."

Even Gorten, who said that, seemed quite happy. Through him, Lilian guessed that Karloi was fine.

"I came to see Your Majesty because the Emperor sent you something."

"Gorten didn't have to come all the way here for that."

"Of course I have to come."

As soon as Gorten was finished, he began to unpack what the servants had brought. There were a lot of books, bouquets of flowers, and things she needed for painting.

"This is the letter His Majesty asked me to deliver."

"Oh, how romantic."

Olivia Donata laughed as she looked at the letter paper. Lilian's face turned red at her teasing.

"Stay for a while, Gorten."

"No, Your Majesty. I have to go right away. Everyone is so busy these days in Purtu."

Recalling a glimpse of the conversation Karloi had with Millenin, Lilian readily agreed. He must have been very busy doing new things.

Books were some of the things Lilian once said she was interested in and some of the things she saw for the first time. The bouquet of real flowers was fresh and the letter paper smelled like flowers.

"Books and flowers. It's an elegant gift for a lady."

Listening to Olivia murmuring as if she was satisfied, Lilian carefully opened the letter.

"I miss you. I'll be right there soon."

It was a short letter, but Lilian could see that it contained many things. She had an illusion that the scent of the letter paper was deepening. Because the scent tickled her heart, not just her nose.