Ch 124

19.3 Kal And Lou (1)
*
*
*

She had planned to stay in Kirok for three days, but within two days, Lilian decided to move to the capital of Mach. Aside from not being able to eat properly, the weather in Kirok was unbearable.

Mach's sun was intense, but not as pleasantly intense as Sorta. It was difficult to stay outside for a long time in the intense sunlight and the heat that covered the body that seemed to burn a person.

There seems to be a lot of strange things here and there, but it didn't catch her eye. She couldn't understand how the Machians walked around outside.

Lilian is already missing Sorta. She thought Denise wouldn't have liked Mach either.

"By the way. The weather doesn't change much even if you go to the capital. Because it is inland, I actually liked the capital more."

Mary Ann made a dying sound in the carriage at Keana's words.

"But you'll get used to it in a little while. I really want to go back to Croysen, too."

"Is that possible?"

"I think we can do a little better to please the Emperor..."

Clyde, who was sitting next to Keana's, shook his head.

"I'm not good enough, but since the Emperor favors you, you can go back."

"No, did you mean to like me? It was to be blessed by the Emperor of Mach, for us to get married legally. I got married to you, thanks to her. Well, now that you mention it, you wanted to have a good time with me, right?"

"Some people are listening, but you..."

At Keana's words, Clyde's blunt face turned red. Jane burst into laughter when she saw it.

Clyde, who had just arrived in Kirok, had to sit back in the carriage he had been riding in because Lilian and the others had decided to leave Kirok earlier. But he didn't seem to mind at all.

He was very different from what she had seen at a dinner in Purtu before. He didn't look like that at that time. Maybe it's because Keana was next to him, so he looked different, Lilian thought.

And he was particularly uncomfortable with Lilian. Every time they made eye contact, he didn't know what to do. Lilian thought he was just making himself difficult because she was the Empress.

"Anyway, I was afraid that the Emperor of Mach would be too interested in Her Majesty, so I just told her that a close friend was coming. It would be less interesting if I let her know in advance."

"Is Emperor Mach such a peculiar woman?"

"Haven't you heard? She's so capricious... She even had to change over ten people in the past ten years alone. Three of them cut their own throats."

Lilian just shook her head. She's been living a very closed life to know all the gossip about Emperor Mach.

"Still, there is no one who can do sea magic aside from her, so no one can say anything about it if she did it her way. Who will calm that sea? It's like a magic that comes out once in a hundred years."

Lilian also knew that in Mach which was surrounded by the sea, no one could beat the Mach's royal family, who were strong in sea magic.

"Be careful, no matter how much the Emperor favors you, she won't let you go."

"So, don't do it here. Look elsewhere but here."

"You see me every day."

"And you react the same every day."