Ch 16

3.2 The Empress cannot hate the Emperor (2)
*
*
*
"Head court lady! Head court lady!"

Lady Anssen, the court lady, urgently looked for Mary Ann.

Mary Ann was talked about a lot in the palace in many ways, and the main reason is that she was a commoner, with her origin unknown, and became the head court lady.

Mary Ann was able to become the Empress' head court lady for the reason that she had been serving Yvonne since they were still at the Duke's residence.

"What is it?"

"Her Majesty is suddenly weird!"

The court ladies who came from noble families hated Mary Ann, but in the end, they eventually recognized her.

Because Yvonne, who was very cold to them, was too generous to Mary Ann. Also, only Mary Ann could be able to grasp Yvonne, and could understand her well.

That was why she was urgently looking for Mary Ann.

Mary Ann got up and ran to the Empress' bedroom without being asked twice. It was dark so she couldn't see anything.

As Mary Ann tried to turn on the light, a shrill sound was heard from within. The handmaiden on her side trembled.

"Don't turn on the lights... If you turn it on, she'll throw you a mirror and break it."

"Did the Empress drink alcohol?"

When Mary Ann asked sharply, Lady Anssen nodded carefully. Even though she nodded, she was wondering how Mary Ann knew. Lady Anssen sniffs her nose. Maybe the bedroom smells of alcohol.

Mary Ann sighed and carefully approached Yvonne. Yvonne did not like the dark. But seeing this, it was clear that she was drunk and was halfway down.

"Your Majesty, what are you doing?"

A bottle of alcohol rolled around on the bed. There were fragments of broken mirrors all over the floor, and Yvonne sat on the bed as if she was one of them. At a glance, Mary Ann could see how much Yvonne was broken.

"Remove all the mirrors. I don't want to look at it."

"They were already broken, so it looks like there's nothing left."

"Get rid of everything that reflects my face. I clearly told you not to use glass."

She was talking to Mary Ann, but it seemed she was talking to herself more. Yvonne never felt fine when she looked in the mirror.

Yvonne would often do this whenever she remembers how much she resembled the Duke's appearance.

It was ironic for Mary Ann, who remembers the real Yvonne, the daughter of the Duchess.

"I'm going crazy. I want to die every time I see it. I want to stab my face."

Yvonne muttered like a crazy person.

The Duchess' daughter wasn't as close to the Duke's appearance aside from her eyes, but Yvonne's appearance was scarce, so she seemed to inherit the Duke's physical characteristics.

The Duke was sensitive to only two things so he couldn't get close to it: a peach and a Rituna flower. Even with that, Yvonne is very similar.

In Croysen, which is famous as the country of flowers, if you were to pick one flower as the King of Flowers, everyone would say that it is Rituna. Among the Rituna flowers, the white flowers were said to be the most gorgeous in all continents.

It was not an exaggeration to say that only the royals and nobles can see the Rituna flower, which has hundreds of petals when in full bloom, and it was not difficult to grow it until it bloomed.