Ch 67

10.5 The Empress Does Not Know the Emperor (2)
*
*
*
"Not ten years ago... I don't know why your purpose is different in this situation, but I understand."

"It must be your fault. It's no different."

"I don't know what else you're hiding, so I'm not going to tell you all the words of Clyde Anssen. I'll take care of this myself."

"What are you going to do?"

"I'll let you know if there's any 'evidence'."

Karloi gave up neatly because there seemed to be nothing more to say. It was more accurate to say that he wasn't in the mood to argue.

"This story should not yet enter the Empress' ears. You won't be ignoring a request like this."

Alexis, who finished speaking so casually that he could feel the chill, left the office without looking back. Even after Alexis left, Asher kept his mouth shut up. No matter how much he thought about it, this was not the time to open his mouth.

Karloi just kept sitting there like a loony person.

Asher thought his expression was strange. Although he looked familiar with it, he did not look like a person who found out that the Empress was an illegitimate child. That face was only visible when Asher couldn't find what Karloi wanted.

(Why are you sitting like that with that look on your face?)

"...Asher, get out of here."

The voice that came out after a while was no different than usual. Asher eventually left the office after being wary.

Karloi brought the glass he was holding to his mouth. It was half a thoughtless act. As the bitter taste of alcohol flowed down his throat and he felt the cold touch, his head slowly went back.

Alexis would have brought it to Karloi because it was a credible story.

"The escort must have been mistaken. How did he even come up with that idea?"

Yvonne trembled in the Entoura Room. Believing in Yvonne Delua no matter what.

It was never a silly, bland request. He couldn't. It was the most difficult request she could make to Karloi Croytan. He doesn't know why she thought it was easy then.

No, as a matter of fact, he knew. He knows all too well that Yvonne thought he was easy, bland, and insignificant because he never believed in Delua.

Believing in Yvonne is hard without anything happening, and it was almost impossible if anything happened.

If that's possible, it's either a miracle, or it means that Karloi is insane. And Karloi was terrified, thinking he might be going crazy.

"Ah."

With a throbbing head, Karloi let out a blocked groan.

Does this vast palace, its vastness, finally drive him crazy? He was even afraid to wish he was drunk.

On that moonlit night, Karloi eventually headed to the Empress' Palace. Was it alcohol or seriousness that came to Yvonne? Karloi still couldn't tell. Alone in his office, he struggled to silence his thoughts, but in the end his feet came here. There's something left to check, something to hope for.

"Huh? Your Majesty, the Empress has already fallen asleep..."

Mary Ann, who was surprised by the Emperor who visited the Empress late at night, said in a puzzled voice. But Karloi didn't care. Mary Ann was worried that Yvonne would barely wake up, but fortunately the Emperor quietly went into the bedroom without making any noise. Mary Ann hovered in front of the bedroom, unable to understand anything.