Ch 3

1.3 The Emperor Hates The Empress
*
*
*
A week had passed since the national wedding anniversary party was held, where the Emperor suddenly brought a woman and announced that she'll be the new Queen.

This day, the Emperor and the Empress are supposed to have lunch together.

As usual, there was a chilling coldness in the Empress' Palace, where the lunch was scheduled to be held. If there was anything different from the usual, that would be the surprised expression painted on everyone's face.

"I believe it will be okay, Empress. The Queen will now ease your burden. So it would be nice if you had a meal together and lived well."

Next to the Emperor, who just talked with a smile, stood Keana Roden, who was the main spotlight at the national wedding anniversary. However, Keana didn't look as good as the Emperor.

The handmaidens were amazed at the Emperor's cruelty, who just brought a woman to the dining room with the Empress, and even forgot to close their mouths. The woman isn't even the Queen yet!

To ease her burden, he says? Has he even put anything on Yvonne's shoulder in the first place?

Yvonne was unable to do anything as the Empress. She wasn't able to supervise the procedures related to the Queen, which should be one of the Empress' affairs, and the general ministers who were handling it.

Even Yvonne, who always maintained a fierce expressionless expression, couldn't hide the signs of being astonished by this absurd situation.

Strangely enough, Karloi felt a subtle pleasure in her appearance. He had never seen any facial expressions or emotions on her no matter how he looked for it, it was as if she's not even a human. It was the first time that Yvonne had elicited such a reaction.

"Wouldn't you respond, Empress? If you're professional, you should at least say something kind to the Queen first. I guess you didn't learn that kind of behavior from the Duke. Well, when you think of the Duke of Delua, that is expected."

As the Emperor was speaking so rudely, the handmaidens anticipated if the Empress would retaliate and throw a fit.

However, Yvonne, who was renowned for being cool, just looked at the Emperor with an expressionless face, and opened her mouth.

"I'm sorry to say this, but Lady Roden has yet to be the Queen, Your Majesty."

Yvonne's voice was quiet, but it was firm. But contrary to what she just said, she doesn't look sorry at all.

"I was told that Your Majesty suddenly wants me to meet with the Lady as the Empress, and is in a hurry at that, but less than a day has still passed. Besides, there is no need to say more as a lost law was just reimplemented."

It was the first time that Yvonne had said something long. Karloi looked at her with an absurd expression, but Yvonne just lightly turned her gaze towards Keana.

"Lady Roden, please understand that I am not saying this with my personal opinion. His Majesty's name might get in harm's way because this case was not yet cleared."

It might be written in history that Emperor Karloi got crazy towards women and did not follow the proper procedures.

The servants were surprised at the Empress' words' meaning, and looked at Karloi's expression, but he didn't seem to be angry. He was just frowning weakly.

Yvonne, who was still looking at Keana as if she didn't care about Karloi's reaction at all, continued to talk.

"It would be appropriate to think that today, you are having a meal with His Majesty, the Emperor, and me as the Empress. How about that?"