Ch 73

11.6 The Emperor Can't Dislike the Empress (1)
*
*
*
Yvonne could not comprehend a single sequence of events that had occurred during the night. Ruen said confidently, as if she had her beliefs, and Yvonne wondered how she could be released from being detained at the gates.

The soldier, who confirmed that it was the Empress who tried to leave the gate at night, was embarrassed and called in the captain of the guard, but he couldn't come up with a good idea. When Yvonne explained that she was not trying to leave the gate, the captain of the guard told her to wait here for now and left.

The look was quite ridiculous. The Empress of the Kingdom, who is seemingly the precious daughter of a duke, has to stand among the soldiers without being able to sit down. Moreover, Denise might be waiting outside the gate. She can't be tied up here all the time.

"How long do I have to wait here? I really didn't mean to go out. I've already told you so many times that I had something to receive."

No matter how detained she was, the Empress was still the Empress, so the soldiers were wary. If they make a mistake, they might lose their heads. But then again, the suspicious thing was suspicious.

"I'm so sorry, Your Majesty. Once the captain comes back..."

"You don't believe me, do you?"

"Well, if you weren't going to leave the capital, why would you..."

"Leaving the capital? Why would I?"

What surprised Yvonne's question was, the soldiers exchanged meaningful eyes.

Yvonne frowned and looked back at Mary Ann. She didn't understand why he thought she would leave the capital. However, Mary Ann was not helpful because Mary Ann was as lost as her.

"Your Majesty, if so, may I check your luggage?"

Yvonne nodded. She thought it would be better to show the bag rather than to have a strange suspicion. She was sure they were some of Lady Ruen's things and some gold coins anyway.

With Yvonne's permission, some soldiers opened the bag and held them upside down. Yvonne's jewels, numerous gold coins, magic stones, and clothes fell from the bag. It was obviously a burden on a person who was planning to leave somewhere far away.

The soldiers who lifted the luggage upside down were at a loss for words and looked down at the floor.

"Why is this?..."

Yvonne, who was so embarrassed that she couldn't even speak properly, looked at Ruen. Ruen was looking elsewhere with a stubborn face avoiding Yvonne's gaze.

In the ears of Yvonne, who stood helplessly, she heard a voice that she never wanted to hear at this moment.

"What's going on?"

It was Karloi. There was no other mountain beyond the mountain. The soldiers cleared the way for Karloi, who appeared with Alexis Dunya.

On the floor, Yvonne's objects are poured out, and Yvonne stands with her inconspicuous clothes folded open. Karloi's face, looking at Yvonne like that, was still like a stranger. Her heart sank, thinking that she had nothing to fall for.

She thought she should say something, but she was so embarrassed that Karloi's face was so frightening that she couldn't even open her mouth. Karloi seemed to be able to stab Yvonne with his gaze alone.

"At this hour of the night."

Karloi's voice was so calm that it made it hard to breathe.

"Where are you going?"