Ch 113

17.3 Lilian And Karloi (1)
*
*
*

In the morning, the Empress did not have an appetite, so Chef Vex was disappointed once again at the words of the handmaiden, who asked him to prepare something simple. The Empress with a cold impression seemed unlikely to return to her appetite for the rest of her life, but he was gloomy about when he could show off his skills.

However, a true chef could make a difference even in small dishes. The people of Lexem Sorta praised Vex's skill, citing Lupus, but at least once, he would like to hear the evaluation of someone from the capital who doesn't know about his skills. Especially if she's not just from the capital, but from Purtu. And besides, it was the Empress!

To the Empress' bedroom, he sent an onion soup with mushrooms that was made with all his might, the honey-coated bread lightly dipped in the meat gravy, and fresh asparagus and celery.

"I don't have an appetite, so maybe I can have lunch first..."

Lilian murmured weakly, but Mary Ann didn't budge. Olivia Donata, who was watching the scene, judged that she seemed to be a strong-minded person, which a head court lady should need.

"Just take at least three bites. Then I won't bother you."

The small number seemed to move her heart, so the Empress cautiously raised the spoon. The hot soup ran over the parched lips of the Empress. Lilian blinked her eyes for a moment.

"...It's delicious."

Olivia, who believes there is no chef like Vex anywhere in the world, thought it was a very stingy compliment, but the head court lady's face was brighter than the sun of Lexem Sorta.

"Really?"

"Yes."

To the extent that she can't even feel the taste herself. It was a really refreshing taste of food. A light appetite rose from the bottom of her stomach. Lilian scooped the soup five times, ate two bites of bread, and ate about a third of the vegetables.

Olivia looked at the Empress with a worried face at her heinous meal, but the head court lady, and the other handmaiden, who appeared to be her daughter, seemed to be on the verge of crying with excitement. As she looked at it, she had a rough idea of ​​what the Empress in Purtu must have been like.

"Is it because the place has changed? Your face looks better."

Olivia caught a glimpse of the Empress' face again at the words of the head court lady. She thinks her face is fine... Olivia's expression also faded, wondering how the Empress had been doing in Purtu.

But Lilian agreed to some extent with Mary Ann. It wasn't until she came to Lasortio that she realized how difficult Purtu was.

"Is there anything else you would like to do? Or something you want to see?"

When Olivia asked, the Empress quietly shook her head.

"Well, would you like to take a break and tour around Lasortio during the day? There are many beautiful places in the palace. But if you don't like it, you can watch it next time."

Olivia's tone of voice made it difficult for people to refuse. She couldn't tell if it was because of Sorta's unique accent, or because of her sluggish tone of voice, or because of her pleasant voice.

"Would the head court lady and the Lady would like to look around too?"

Jane, who was called 'Lady's, blushed. Eventually, Lilian nodded quietly. Olivia smiled at the sight.

------------------

The Emperor woke up after being ill for four days and four nights. The third day was a crisis. To the extent that Alexis Dunya pondered what to do next with a pale face.