Ch 112

17.2 Lilian And Karloi (1)
*
*
*

"Since when did Lasortio become a madman's sanatorium?"

"You need to learn to watch your mouth, Vex."

Chef Vex, who had been muttering to himself knowing that no one was there, was startled by the soft voice coming from behind him.

"People say you can go to Lupus because of your culinary skills? I know you're very good at it, but if you joke around like that, you're going to go to Lupus first."

"Oh, that's another scary thing to say... But I thought you'd be a little late. With Her Majesty the Empress."

"I stopped by on the way. I want to speed up people like you."

Olivia Donata was the wife of Count Solis, who was the Lord of Lexem Sorta, and an old lady whose grayish hair was curled up gracefully.

Olivia, who was born and raised in Lexem Sorta, was a former member of the Sorta royal family. She had the characteristic of being unique and easy going, but the graceful elegance she possessed made her look like a well-groomed person.

"No, well... If I had known who was here, I would never have said that. It's not long ago when the Duchess of Dunya lived here half-heartedly, and Her Majesty the Empress was also said to be ill. I said it out of concern."

"Well. Your word wrapping is not as good as decorating a cake."

At the sarcasm given as a joke, Vex simply raised his gaze. He didn't say anything wrong anyway.

What does it mean when an imperial physician arrives at Lasortio first? Even Dunya, who was always looking at the lake, did not come to Lasortio with a physician.

Olivia Donata and Chef Vex were the people who lived in the Count's mansion, but when the Empress decided to stay in Lasortio, they took charge of the palace.

"This is a different place from the Count's house, so be careful about talking to yourself like that. If you're so worried, then use your skill to restore the Empress' appetite."

"Oh, of course. By the way, Lasortio is always beautiful, isn't it? I'm really happy to be here."

Vex's plump face turned red with pride. Olivia nodded her head, looking for a moment at the palace that her ancestors had built in the distant past.

"It would be better if the Empress liked it."

What Alexis Dunya told them about the Empress' story could not be heard without shedding tears. Olivia is a person who doesn't cry much, but after twenty years, she had shed tears upon hearing the story.

She wasn't unaware of Delua's tyranny, but, as always, the capital city seemed to be a little too far from Lexem Sorta for them to hear their situation. However, the Empress' situation was so sad that it narrowed the distance at once.

Olivia Donata set out on her way, contemplating how she could comfort the sick Empress here.

------------------

(Comforting this woman will be extremely difficult.)

Olivia thought the first time she saw the Empress.

"It is an honor to meet Your Majesty the Empress. I am Olivia Donata. We'll make sure you don't feel uncomfortable at Lasortio."

"Countess Solis."

"Please call me Olivia."

The Empress nodded slightly but did not call her by her name. It was rather easy to deal with someone who showed her feelings out loud. Unlike the current Empress, it will be more difficult to read her for being a calm person on the outside.