Ch 87

14.2 The Emperor And The Empress (2)
*
*
*
"I also have an eye for something."

As he got closer to the Empress, he called more often for physicians, but it was hard not to know as he came and went. If Dunya and Gorten did not notice each other's eyes, sighs, and words, it would be even stranger.

"I'm not very ignorant about this field, unlike Duchess Dunya and the head man."

"You're talking nonsense. So, there is no one who can't love you, do you want to say something like this?"

"Not at all. Personally, there are definitely people who you should not love. False love destroys the country and sometimes people die. It's just that, it's necessary to admit it to yourself."

Karloi was silent again.

"What will you do if you catch the Empress?"

He doesn't know. Karloi himself couldn't figure out what to do. Why should he get mad at her for lying? Should he kill her for being the daughter of a traitor? Or should he lock her up?

"Look at that. There's no answer."

But there was one thing for sure. That no matter how much he hates Yvonne, he can't let her die, and he can't let her stay away from him. That Yvonne's absence drives him crazy.

"...Everyone said that His Majesty Carlos was crazy for love."

As the story of his grandfather came out, Karloi's face became visibly bored. His boredom was blatantly revealed.

"You're not wrong."

"Really? I think His Majesty Carlos suffered more because he denied it."

"Denial?"

"Because he thought the Bernie's princess had used magic. He said he had never loved the princess and was just enchanted. Have you never heard of it?"

"...It happened before I was even born. I've only heard what he said about the princess' magic."

Karloi recalled the necklace of the princess in the portrait.

"Nobody took it seriously. He wasn't in a good condition... There is no magic to control human emotions. Even Bernie's."

One way or the other, it's crazy, isn't it? thought Karloi. Well, he's not in a position to talk about it.

"However, he said when he kept his last moments. He really loved the princess and said he was sorry. Finally, he said he wanted to see her just one more time. How comfortable it must have been for him to finish his words!"

Karloi's impression was faintly distorted by the story he heard for the first time.

"I've never heard that before."

"Well, that's not a good thing to say. Everyone spoke with great care about his madness and his ending."

"So, you're telling me that I am like my grandfather?"

The physician blinked.

"Well, I've never really thought about it. You don't look much alike. His Majesty would have thought so if he had seen you. You are an angel compared to him."

Karloi's face became ambiguous when he heard the physician, because he was not sure if it was a compliment or a curse.

"If I had to choose... Your Majesty looks more like Adelaide. You have a very similar personality."

The physician continued with a serious look.

"But you look like Carlos these days. I'm worried. So if you don't want to get carried away with self-denial like him, stop bothering yourself."