Ch 76

12.2 The Emperor Can't Dislike the Empress (2)
*
*
*
"A visitor who approached the Imperial Palace was captured last night. It's not certain that he took his own life, but it's probably the Duke's limb who came to rescue the Empress. Considering that this is already the second time, the rumors that the Duke is trying to get the Empress out seem to be true."

As soon as she was done, Karloi's face was distorted, but Alexis wanted nothing to say. So this is not good enough.

In Alexis' view, Karloi was only sane on the outside. The response to the rebellion was quite quick and efficient, but the response to the Empress was surprisingly irrational and slow.

"And I'm going to investigate the Empress' Palace."

"What investigation?"

"It's about the possibility of an internal connection with Bernie."

In an instant, Karloi's face went blank. It was obvious that he didn't understand what she meant.

"Rue confessed to the condition that her life would be saved. She said that the Empress had called a Bernie's wizard to the palace several times."

"What kind of nonsense is that...?"

Karloi's face turned pale.

"The first round of verification has already been completed in his line. He received the same testimony from the Empress' handmaidens. The timing and number of visits to the Imperial Palace, the wizard's appearance description, all matched."

Alexis continued in a nonchalant manner.

"It's a male wizard, so we need to find out whether they had an affair, or if she had an affair with Bernie. The wizard lived in the very Delua estate."

Karloi's hand holding the armrest of the chair showed how much strength he had exerted and the blue tendon was on the back of his hand.

"I've asked the conference for a magic stone, so it'll arrive at the palace soon. As I said before, I don't know what magic he used, but I can figure out whether he used it or not."

Karloi sat motionless as if he were a stone. It was only at that moment that Alexis realized that Karlo was her 'nephew'.

The appearance of being so imperfect and weak made her realize that he was the child of her beloved sister.

She couldn't figure out what emotion it was. Strangely, Alexis couldn't beat him for being pathetic like before.

"...If I get the magic stone results, I won't be able to finish on my own."

It wasn't a slap in the face to wake him up. It was advised to sort things out before then. Alexis tried to put HR emotions into the businesslike tone as much as possible.

But it didn't sound at all to Karloi. With a sigh, Alexis left the office. Maybe she should leave him alone.

Even after Alexis left, Karloi remained motionless and sat firm. Alexis' words stuck to his head like a reverie. Communication, affair, man, Bernie... Fragmentary words disturbed his mind.

And Yvonne, who always wanted to go to Delua as if she had hidden something there. It soon merged into a horribly strong sense.

He hated Yvonne. No, he 'wants' to hate her. How much longer will she drag him to hell? When will it end?

Nevertheless, he wanted to kill himself who couldn't hate Yvonne completely. He really wanted to choke himself.

He was so stupid. It was understandable why Alexis had been looking at him pathetically. He's a pathetic, stupid bastard.