Side Story Ch 8

There were only people around Lynette who liked children. Mary Ann was drenched in Lynette's words, and Jane, to a lesser extent, was soft.

Olivia Donata did a decent job, but she was mostly in Lexem Sorta, so it didn't do much for someone who doesn't come to Purtu.

Asher tends to annoy the princess, but they usually get along well and he doesn't tell Karloi and Lilian very well about what the Princess is doing.

In order to achieve a balance, all education was done by the strict Alexis, but now that they look at it, they wonder if it was the right decision.

Because Lynette is never afraid of Alexis or has a hard time with her. Lynette has been like this since she was a baby. She first shows her smile to Alexis, not to her parents.

"Of course, she's not the kind of person who raises and comforts kids, but she's in charge of education and she's never scolded her. That's actually why I put her there."

"I think so..."

For the last time, Karloi thought about it. Isn't that a great development to their family? When Karloi was young, he was always scolded by Dunya. Come to think of it, she really has changed.

Seeing Karloi's subtly changing expression, Lilian leaned her back on him.

"I'm not saying you're stupid. You're not an idiot. If I look at your relationship, it's no wonder you think that way."

Karloi smiled softly at Lilian fiddling with his clothes, apologizing for just one word

"It's okay. It's not that I'm still resentful of Dunya. I'm fine."

"However, since Lynette was born, Duchess Dunya has been soft to us too, haven't you noticed?"

Karloi shrugged his shoulders. In fact, he had never paid so much attention to Dunya.

Alexis Dunya has now become a well-suited political partner and supporter rather than an aunt, so it was hard to remember that she was his aunt.

"I thought she felt sorry for you."

"Well, what for?"

Karloi didn't even think that Dunya would feel sorry for him for so long as he really had no sympathy for Dunya now.

"Lynette must have reminded her of your childhood."

"I think you worry more about me. You don't have to worry about me."

Karloi's arm that was holding Lilian tightened.

"I can't be happier now."

Lilian lifted her head and looked at Karloi's peaceful face, which contained the word 'happiness' without any hesitation.

Now, that word fits well with Karloi without the slightest sense of incongruity.

Perhaps, it would also probably fit perfectly with Lilian. Lilian herself could be sure. Because of the reflection of herself in Karloi's eyes.

Both Karloi and Lilian now knew that happiness does not mean perfection. Rather, the meaning shone in an imperfect moment.

It meant that even when hard times came, they had the strength to move forward somehow without clinging to the past saying that it was better before that time.

She realized that after going through many moments together.

"Why are you looking at me like that? You're getting more dangerous day by day."

Karloi wrapped his hands around Lilian's cheeks and kissed her lightly.

"You know it's broad daylight. Kal, you're just a pervert who only knows the truth. You don't know how embarrassed I was when I read your letter the last time. Next time I'll have to read it alone..."