Ch 94

15.2 The Empress Hates The Emperor (1)
*
*
*

The Emperor's position was not the same as before, after he returned from a powerful stillness. The uprising was also an opportunity to purge.

But he didn't look like a victor, but a man with a terrible misfortune. And the Emperor didn't leave the Empress for a single moment. The people of Purtu were bewildered at the sight. They didn't know since when they had such a bad relationship.

When the environment was properly treated, Karloi told the physician that he should revive Lilian at all costs. The physician looked tired, but he nodded anyway.

Mary Ann, who was crying over the dying Empress, was also exhausted, perhaps because she was in prison for a long time.

"What will you do, Your Majesty? What can you do?... She wanted to see her mother so much, but how could you..."

Worrying about her missing daughter has lost its presence in the face of the unfortunate Empress, who suffered such a great loss.

"So, she asked you to send her again one last time. Why didn't you just trust her once?"

As Mary Ann wept, she shouted to Karloi. Now Mary Ann had nothing to fear. She had nothing more to lose.

Seeing the head court lady screaming in front of him, Karloi said nothing, with his face buried in Lilian's hands. If he could just save Denise's life by dying, he would.

"Thank you, Your Majesty. Thank you very, very much."

When she said she would like to go to Delua, he should have had to think about why she liked it so much and why she smiled so brightly that time. He should have wondered why she was so happy with just such a thing, such a small thing.

"Lou... please."

In a hoarse voice, Karloi pleaded constantly. No, he should have looked into it in the first place. The swamp of regret was deep and thick. There was no end to it, and things to regret gradually increased. No, he should have done it before she did. No no. It should have been like that a long time ago. The regret that no answer could be given was nothing but breathtaking for him.

"She cried every day."

When he saw Lilian's closed eyes, he remembered Asher's words. Thinking about how much she would have cried if there was no one in front of her, who had already cried a lot and too much in front of him... Really, he just wanted to die.

"And then she couldn't speak until the strange magic was lifted, so she just hit her own chest... She's trying to slap herself to get her act together."

The look on Lilian's lean cheek reminded him of that. He doesn't think there's anything left to hit, so...

If he tried to guess how she should have gone down to Delua by doing that, he wanted to disappear from the world even though he could only guess a little bit.

Then what about Lilian, who had to accept this pain as it is, which was not just little. When he thought about it, he seemed to understand why she closed her eyes like this. He could still hear Lilian's voice, whispering that it hurts so much and asks for rest.

Would she be okay if he took his own life? He doesn't think so.

His time constantly wandered through the dark past, where only terrible consequences remained, and during all that time Karloi hated himself and thought of Lilian.

As the physician examined the Empress with a serious face, Mary Ann became nervous in a crying voice.

"What do you do with the poison first?"