Ch 46

7.1 The Emperor Wants to Know the Empress (1)
*
*
*
There was silence between the Emperor and the Empress who had not met for a long time. Gorten thought the mood had changed. In the past, there was always a chill that overwhelmed the surroundings, but the silence now felt like the silence before the explosion, and the calm before the storm. It was completely different from being cold.

"Your Majesty."

When Yvonne, who was looking at Karloi from afar, first came to her senses and talked to him, Karloi also opened his mouth. Instead of words, there was a weak exclamation or groaning sound.

When he heard Yvonne's voice, he suddenly remembered a dream that had plagued him for two weeks. It was for a moment that Yvonne in the dream dominated Karloi's head. Yvonne, who was approaching him in a dream, and...

Suddenly, his whole body became hot as blood rushed to his face.

"I'm glad you arrived safely."

Karloi spoke quickly and turned around before the words were finished. It was because his face was so hot. He felt like a madman himself. A crazy man who can't tell the difference between dreams and reality.

The rest of the Empress' party looked at the place where the Emperor disappeared with bewildered faces. They wondered if it was only a lie after the rumors that the fortress had gotten better. The Emperor who disappeared after saying a word did not seem to have any affection.

Yvonne had a similar idea. He said he would treat her, but even if he came to meet her, he still doesn't want to see her face for a long time. She can understand it in her head, but her heart is complicated.

It became more complicated to see the Emperor chasing after her disappearance as if he had waited. Karloi had been chasing the trail of fourteen years. When she remembered Karloi crying in the garden calling Lou's name, she just wanted to die.

"Your Majesty, come on in."

Yvonne sighed, nodding at Mary Ann's words. She didn't think she could ignore Karloi like she used to.

------------------

"Did you find anything?"

Asher, who followed Karloi into his office, did not easily answer the question. He had so much to say that he had no idea where to start reporting.

"Why aren't you answering? Isn't there anything?"

Asher shook his head and organized the report in his head.

"I went into the dark forest."

"And?"

"There's nothing. It's absolutely devastating. There's nothing but dust and ash. I don't even have a brooch."

It was an expected answer, but Karloi's heart sank again. Recently, it seemed to confirm several times that Lou is no longer in the world.

"And?"

"The Empress is... Strange."

Karloi's nerves flared up at Yvonne's story.

"How?"

"There's a tower over there."

"I know, Delua Tower."

"There are the remains of the Duchess. But she ate and slept there, and the Empress was mostly there."

"Why is that?"

Asher's face was crumpled by the way Karloi spoke.

"It's a dead body! Why would a person want to be with a dead body?"