Ch 71

11.4 The Emperor Can't Dislike the Empress (1)
*
*
*
Her body was still often aching. Karloi hadn't visited Yvonne for several days. Far from looking for her, there was no answer to her message. He didn't seem to come out of his own palace. As Alexis Dunya was also living in the imperial palace, it seemed like something was about to happen.

It was calm like the night before the storm. Delua was quiet after returning to the estate, and Lady Anssen still hasn't returned. Their absence made this bleak stillness more eerie. Lady Ruen felt the same thing, and her face got darker day by day.

Yvonne went out to the garden after a long time. Certainly, after getting close to Karloi, she thought that there was nothing to wander about as if she was a person who couldn't put her feet on.

Mary Ann spoke quietly beside her.

"Isn't that dangerous? It seems that even His Majesty the Emperor is suspicious..."

"No, I was half expecting it. But I think I have to go down to the estate... Unless that's the case, I don't see a way out. Haven't you heard from Jane?"

Mary Ann shook her head with a teary face. It's been a long time since she sent a letter to her daughter, and still, there was no answer.

"What about Lady Anssen?"

"It's already been days since she came back, but she still has yet to return. I really don't know what's going on."

"Even if we leave now, it'll take a while to get to the capital."

"Ellie didn't have any other instructions. They say it doesn't even look like they left someone to watch for them..."

Things were going very strange. The Duke quickly went down to Delua as if he had hidden something again.

It was clear that something had happened to the estate. So he won't even let her come. It seems that something is happening in Anssen.

"First of all..."

Maryann listened closely as Yvonne began to speak in a slow tone.

"Tell Ellie to throw away all the medicine in the bottle. Even if Lady Anssen comes back, she can't tell whether it was drunk or thrown away."

"But we don't know if Lady Anssen really has a watchdog. What if something big happens when she comes back?"

"Let Ellie go home."

"What?"

"If you can't find it when you get back, that's it. Anyway, I can't miss this opportunity without Anssen. There's nothing good about Ellie staying here."

If things went well, she would have asked Karloi to pull her out, but now it's less likely to happen. It's a good thing that she's not interested in herself in this situation. But she was still able to send Ellie down to Anssen.

"Give her things that can make money, and let her out of the palace. I've kept some of the magic stones, so give them to her. Once she meets her family, it will be enough to escape somewhere."

"Yes, I got it..."

"If possible, do it right now. She has to leave at dawn so she won't be doubted."

"Yes, I'll send her out right now. Something's... Weird. I feel uneasy. I'm afraid something's going to happen."

Mary Ann opened her mouth again as she looked at Yvonne, who was sitting thoughtless without a reply.

"Do you have any idea?"

"...I don't know."

A shrewd sense suggested some possibility, but Yvonne shook her head. She doesn't think the Duke of Delua is crazy enough to do that. It's such a reckless idea.