Ch 84

13.3 The Emperor And The Empress (1)
*
*
*
Even with his eyes closed, Yvonne's appearance became clear. He eventually sat down, giving up, when he heard someone behind him.

"Are you going to keep doing this?"

As expected, it was Dunya. Karloi didn't even open his closed eyes.

"You don't do this in front of other people."

"...Yes, I'm doing a great job."

The Emperor did not reply to the sarcastic remarks, so there was only silence in the garden without an owner.

"Do you even love her?"

"No."

He answered Dunya's question quickly.

"No way."

Karloi recalled his feelings for Lou. Compared to the feelings of being sorry and sympathetic and full of nostalgia, his feelings for Yvonne were quite shady. There's no way people would call this love.

"What would you do if you caught her?"

"...I don't know."

Dunya just sighed. If he has a face that he wants to know the answer himself, if he has a face like a child who doesn't understand anything, she doesn't even know what to say to him.

"Have you found Asher?"

"That's why I'm here. I thought they were going to go to Mucha and enter Delua, but they didn't even come."

"Then how the hell will they get to Delua...?"

When she saw Karloi who realized something to himself, Dunya nodded lightly in a positive way.

"Markia."

"Since Asher had passed the city of Croix let, he would go straight to Markia. I think the Empress dressed up as a man, given that she had a male companion."

"When did they get through?"

"It was early in the morning. Because we never thought they would go there... I'm sorry. But Markia is not so easily traversable right now."

"...There's one. Another way to go there."

Karloi murmured blankly. Suddenly, he felt like his blood was cooling down.

In his early days, he remembered him passing through the dark forest to Markia on the path that Lou had shown him, and an unknown anxiety took over his body. It was an instinctive sense of ominousness and paralysis that could not be explained.

"Maybe I should go there myself."

"What?"

"We're revising the whole plan. The troops will remain in the capital and I'll go to Markia."

"No, you don't have to go directly to the battlefield..."

"Let's go in and talk. I've got more work to do all night."

Before Dunya could stop him, Karloi jumped to his feet. Whenever he was sitting like a crazy person, his eyes were different. Now it seemed that he had no intention of finding an excuse to go to Delua, even externally.

As soon as he thought he would go to catch the Empress himself, he didn't want to be so engrossed, but Alexis quietly followed behind. She was in the mood to listen to what he had to say. Alexis Dunya knew all too well that she couldn't communicate with a madman.

------------------

"Gasp."

Asher patted Yvonne on the back. It was already the third time. Yvonne often had difficulty breathing properly. There were times when she suddenly fainted on the street. If she slept a little, she would have a nightmare, screaming like crazy and waking up, so Asher had to look around them.