Ch 8

1.8 The Emperor Hates The Empress
*
*
*
Keana, who was bowing her head, only lifted her head when Yvonne's party was finally gone.

Keana saw Karloi looking towards Yvonne's departure.

"Your Majesty, why are your ears red?"

Keana asked with an innocent face.

"I guess the Empress pressed my ears when she suddenly grabbed my head."

Keana tilted her head when she saw Karloi responding casually, and not even embarrassed.

"Why did you ask for an audience? Let's go in and talk about it."

Keana walked along with Karloi into the indoor garden. While all the attendants, including Gorten, waited outside.

As soon as they entered, a strong floral scent welcomed them. Karloi hated it, and he sighed for a moment.

"My father said he found something strange while investigating."

"About the case?"

"I'm not sure, but it seems like it. It was fourteen years ago, when your Majesty's kidnapping occurred."

When an unforgettable memory was mentioned, Karloi stiffened his face for a moment.

"It was said that not long after His Majesty came back to the Imperial Palace, the Duke fired all of his employees."

"Why the employees?"

"They were said to be fired, and just vanished without any remains. None was found again from those two hundred people. They could be dead, or they have gone somewhere else."

"Maybe the Duke killed them."

Keana nodded. The bloody conversation didn't go well with the indoor garden, where all kinds of flowers are in full bloom.

"What do you think?"

"I think that the incident and the Duke's employees may be related. Otherwise, there would be no need to destroy all of the evidence like that."

"I think so too."

Karloi nodded and stopped.

White lilies settled beautifully and bloomed. It was a flower that was forcibly bloomed by magic, so it had a strong scent. It reminds him of someone, so Karloi stares at the lily.

Keana sneezes from the side.

"Ugh, pollen. Anyway, Your Majesty, this was what's in my mind. "

Keana said, rubbing her red nose with her fingers.

"The Duke changed all of his employees since the incident. Now, the current employees have no idea what happened back then."

"Then, it would be nice to focus on finding traces of those former employees."

"Of course, I'll do that, but it will take a while to get some results. If the Duke really killed them all, it would be impossible to find traces."

"Then what should we do?"

Keana looked down at the swarm of white lilies.

"There is one person. A person, who has not been changed in the mansion except for the Duke. Someone who would have witnessed it all."

Karloi's face was blatantly crumpled, but Keana continued without hesitation.

"Even if she doesn't know anything about the incident, she is the only person who has access to the Duke or Duke's residence. The only person that the Duke will not be wary of, is right by Your Majesty's side."