Ch 34

5.7 The Empress Wants to Know the Emperor
*
*
*
Finally, the day has come. The day the Emperor and Empress would spend their first official night in the Royal Chamber.

"It's just amazing! Lady, we both said that the Emperor sleeping with Her Majesty is all done by Her Majesty's orders. How much did the Queen praise and compliment her?"

"Yes. But I don't think it's a lie. I'm not the only one who heard the Emperor say that. People say that everything that the Emperor does these days was ordered by Her Majesty the Empress."

"Isn't she going to pick the flowers and send them? No wonder the flowers were all bad..."

As the murmur between the court ladies Lady Anssen and Lady Ruen grew louder, Mary Ann looked up. The voices of the two, who properly understood the meaning behind that glare, subsided, but their dissatisfied expressions remained the same.

"If you listen to all that nonsense and talk about the Empress again, you'll have to be educated again. Lady Ruen, and Lady Anssen."

"It's not nonsense, it could be true, Mary Ann. It's rather convincing to me."

"Your Majesty."

This time, Mary Ann's voice became dissatisfied, but Yvonne was calm.

"Didn't you say that you are in the Imperial Palace right now, Your Majesty? You might be listening to the Queen on what to do tonight."

Yvonne was not sarcastic, but sincere. She wants to listen to everything the queen says. Now Yvonne began to wonder if she should tell the Queen, not the Emperor, that she wanted to go to Delua.

------------------

As Yvonne thought, Karloi was with Keana, but she wasn't exactly being told what to do.

"There's a strange story going around. They say that I'm blind to you and do everything you ask me to do."

"Oh, that. Even if it wasn't, I was going to tell you. I used my hands."

Keana was not surprised and smiled softly.

"If you officially spend the night in the Royal Chamber, the position of Her Majesty the Empress will not be the same as before, so I have to find a way to live."

Contrary to the pessimistic content, Keana's tone was cheerful.

"In fact, people still feel awkward about my existence. It's fun, but it's awkward. Even I would be terrified of it."

"It's not that the Empress and I got on good terms, what are you being obsessed about?"

"Isn't it the right time? It's because the two of you have gotten along better since I became Queen. It is not at all detrimental to Her Majesty."

"Not bad."

But contrary to his words, the Emperor's complexion looked bad. He was like a man whose soul was somewhere else.

Keana pondered for a moment whether she could convey what she was trying to say. It was never good news, so she tried to tell him in light of the situation, but now the Emperor's condition didn't seem very good.

"Why did you want to see me anyway?"

But even in the midst of it, it was Karloi who asked the main point like a knife. Keana hesitated for a moment before opening her mouth.

"It's about the brooch you had mentioned before, Your Majesty. I looked it up again at the top."

Karloi immediately responded to Keana's words. With her piercing eyes, Keana was convinced that the Emperor's thoughts had gone elsewhere a little while ago. People looked different from their eyes.