Side Story Ch 10

While Asher was still in shock, Jane appeared and managed to appease Lynette.

She took her back to the Princess' Palace.

The Empress' Palace, where the child had cried once, was silent as if a tsunami had swept them away.

The first person to come to her senses was Lilian.

"Asher, I'm sorry. I didn't expect her to pick on you like that... I shouldn't have let you be the Princess' escort. Kal and I trust you the most."

Lilian suddenly stopped talking and approached Asher.

"Asher, you... You're not crying, are you?"

Asher widened his eyes in surprise. Thanks to this, the moisture in Asher's eyes became more visible.

It wasn't tears. It was only the slightest bit of water that made his eyes twinkle.

Asher wiped his eyes at unfamiliar feelings. He doesn't know why his eyes are so moist. Anyway, he wasn't crying. Asher doesn't like things like that.

Lilian quietly took Asher's hand.

"Asher... I and Kal had always thought of you as our friends... Did you not know? You're even my benefactor."

Asher looked at the ceiling for no reason.

"I thought you knew, but if you didn't, it's our fault. I guess we didn't express it well."

As they made their way to Karloi, Asher was embarrassed and could not stand the situation any longer. He couldn't raise his face strangely because he was more ashamed than when he was at Mach.

"I'll go find the Princess."

"Doesn't Lynette bother you too much? You don't have to do it if you don't want to. Do whatever you want."

Asher thought for a moment. Lynette, the little Princess, is certainly a nuisance. It was a complete lie if he said that she wasn't annoying.

But doesn't he like that annoyance? That was a different matter. He never hated it.

In addition, now that he knows why the Princess is angry, he would be less bothered.

(I can't be angry, so she felt angry on behalf of me.)

Once again, Asher looked at the ceiling and pulled out his hand that Lilian was holding.

"I'm fine. I'll be staying with the Princess."

Because the Princess has a fiery personality, it seems like she doesn't have any friends other than him, so he didn't wisely tell the back story. Asher has also learned a lot and has become sensible.

------------------

While Lynette was crying, it started to rain quite a bit. Thanks to that, the windows are slippery.

Asher entered the Princess' Palace through the door.

"Princess."

Perhaps she was scolded by someone, but instead of lying on the bed, she sat still in the chair.

"I'm sorry, Asher."

She even apologized to Asher. Her expression still looked a little resentful, but it seemed sincere that she was sorry anyway.

"For what?"

"For being angry and hitting you..."

It was still doubtful whether it could be considered 'hitting', but Asher did not dare to say it.