Ch 106

16.6 The Empress Hates The Emperor (2)
*
*
*

There was still nothing to see in the Empress' Garden. But now he knows. What Lilian was always out here for. Karloi sat down and meditated on the past. Times when nothing was terrible.

He was having some useless regrets, but at some point he felt like he was popular.

Then Karloi held his breath. Just in case Lilian came out. He was here because he was afraid that something might happen to her, but he didn't want Lilian to find him.

But why did she come out alone without Mary Ann? Looking closely at the woman getting closer, Karloi stood up in surprise. It's a cliche, but he really thought his heart was going to drop.

The shiny thing in Lilian's hand looked like a small knife. The knife swinging in the air looked dangerous. Lilian sat on the floor crying out loud. He wouldn't be surprised if she stabbed herself like that.

He wished he could get closer and get the knife. When he saw Lilian muttering something alone with her head down, he thought it would be possible if he did well.

Asher appeared from behind Lilian, perhaps he was even monitoring Karloi. Karloi shook his head at Asher, who looked as if he was about to subdue Lilian with force at any moment. He was anxious because he knew better than anyone what Asher's priorities were.

The moment Karloi almost came to Lilian's side, suddenly Lilian's head was lifted. Karloi stopped breathing. A pair of blank green eyes blinked.

"Lilian."

When he called her name quietly, Lilian's face slowly distorted.

"Go away, die. Die."

"...It's okay."

"Why? Why aren't you dying?"

"The Duke is dead. It's okay."

Karloi tried to pull the knife from Lilian's hand, whispering without looking away. Then suddenly he felt a pain in his side, and Karloi momentarily grasped the cause of the pain in his hand. Lilian had stabbed him in the waist with a knife. Karloi clenched his teeth and groaned. Then he grabbed the knife and pulled it out.

"Why... Won't you die? It won't end."

Lilian sobbed. At the same time, Karloi grabbed the blade reflexively as she tried to brandish it again. He took the sword from her hand, thinking that he had to get rid of all this sloppy spectacle before Lilian could come to her senses. And threw it behind him.

As Asher approached with a shocked face, Karloi only shook his head again.

He was about to move Lilian to the bedroom, but Lilian looked up and looked at Karloi at that moment.

"...Kal?"

Oh no. Seeing the focus slowly coming into her eyes, Karloi thought in despair. He tried to hide his bloody hands behind, but Lilian was faster.

"What's this...?"

"...I got hurt earlier."

He thought it was a good thing that he wore a dark jacket. It was dark at night, so Lilian would not see the wound on his waist.

"Did I... Do it?"

Lilian, dressed in thin clothes, began shaking with a shocked face, and Karloi hugged Lilian with one arm without realizing it.

"No, I'm telling you, you did not."

"I must have tried to stab the Duke."

"No, I got hurt by mistake earlier. I was practicing swordsmanship. Asher stabbed me. I'm sorry, I should have treated it first. I shouldn't have scared you."