Ch 9

1.9 The Emperor Hates The Empress
*
*
*
Amid an unknown tension, the order of the Queen's ceremony quickly progressed, and a toast was placed side by side in front of the Emperor and the Empress, the Queen and the nobles.

The moment he looked at the glass, Karloi had an intuition.

"For the glory of Croysen."

Karloi, looking at the glass, raised the glass and shouted. He didn't drink that much. While Karloi slowly lowered the glass, his body remained unchanged.

Keana, watching the figure, swallowed in tension. As it was written in the secret letter, she seemed to be the target of the day.

Yvonne lifted her glass, as Karloi put his glass down.

"For the glory of Croysen."

Yvonne, speaking in a voice that seemed unsatisfied, held the glass to her mouth and drank without hesitation. It was a face that seemed to hope for destruction, not glory.

Seeing it, Keana grabbed the glass with her trembling hand. It's her turn next.

Karloi said that it would be okay because she had drunk the antidote he was carrying in advance, but she couldn't help but be afraid.

First of all, Keana was not a poison-tolerant human like Karloi. She thought it was dangerous, and she couldn't believe that she had to risk her life so quickly. Keana sighed anxiously.

When Yvonne put the cup down, Keana raised her glass in front of her. It was a moment when the glass was about to touch Keana's lips.

"Your Majesty!"

"Ugh!"

Yvonne, who was sitting next to Karloi, vomited blood.

In an instant, the banquet hall turned into a mess. The Duke was startled and stood up from his seat and shouted, while the nobles screamed.

Keana quickly pulled out the silver rod she had in her arms and put it in her glass, which she did not drink. There was no change.

Yvonne fell to the side and fell on Karloi's shoulder. Yvonne's blood smeared on his shoulder. Her hand was shaking, indicating that she was still conscious.

Her ears felt like they were about to burst because of the noise.

Karloi grabbed Yvonne, who was gasping lightly with one hand trembling, and pulled out the bottle he had in him with his other hand.

He was scared that his hand, which was opening the lid, shook the bottle too much.

Karloi struggled to spill the antidote into Yvonne's mouth. As soon as a few drops of the antidote was drunk, Yvonne lost consciousness and drooped in Karloi's arms.

Karloi again took out the silver rod he had always carried in his arms. As the silver rod entered Yvonne's glass and soaked in the remaining liquor, he instantly saw the rod darkening.

"...The Empress."

There was no voice, so Karloi cleared his throat.

"The Empress was poisoned! Block all entrances to the Imperial Palace!"

As Karloi shouted in a trembling voice, the soldiers quickly surrounded the entrance of the banquet hall, while the head of the bodyguards went out of the banquet hall. Karloi reached out to Yvonne's pulse.

She's still alive.

His body ran out of strength.

------------------