Ch 38

6.1 The Empress and the Emperor
*
*
*
Yvonne stayed up all night without a wink of sleep. She hasn't seen her mom for more than a year, but when she finally got to see her, she couldn't sleep. The excitement of meeting her mom made her complicated head filled with thoughts about Karloi.

Her escort that Karloi was going to attach to her didn't even show his hair. She had doubts that he was the right escort. How would you deal with a meal when you don't even show up for a meal? As the servant, Gorten, said, he didn't show his original appearance well, so she decided to think about it.

When the Duke of Delua heard that Karloi would have them escorted, he muttered a swear word, 'Mach slave,' but he did not stop it. He didn't seem to feel the need to stop. The Delua estate was a small kingdom only for the Dukes, the land where the Duke ruled everything. So much so that he doesn't have to worry about a single escort.

So, Yvonne didn't know who her escort was, or whether she was attached or not, until she arrived at the Delua estate.

As she got out of the carriage, her heart was pounding and her legs were so weak that she nearly collapsed on the floor. It was the Duke who stopped Yvonne, who was about to run to Denise's place.

"No, Yvonne. You have to follow the order."

His sweet smile and whispering face were ominous. Yvonne, not understanding what he was saying, looked at the Duke blankly, the Duke smiled and tapped her head a few times with his index finger.

"Ah."

He meant that she would meet Denise only after meeting the wizard. The Duke had a dreadful precision.

"I'll be in my room."

Yvonne, who became noticeably calm, headed to the building where her room was, hoping to finish quickly. As she was about to enter the building, she suddenly saw a man in front of her. He looked as if he had fallen from the sky.

A man with long brown hair and blue eyes was staring at Yvonne. He seemed to know who she was by his light movements and the figure of him wielding his sword.

"Are you the escort that His Majesty gave me? What's your name?"

"Asher."

What a short talk.

"I'm going into my room, so you don't have to worry."

"Anywhere can be dangerous."

It was more beautiful than she thought, but he had a strong accent. It was an accent that could be understood at once why the Duke muttered 'Mach slave'.

Yvonne, who was in a hurry, couldn't hide her annoyance and asked.

"I need to change. Don't tell me you're gonna watch all that, too, right?"

She thought he'd step down right away if she said this, but Asher rolled his eyes back as if he was agonizing. It was ridiculous.

"I don't know if you know, but I'm the Empress. If you did that, you'd be executed at least. You're allowed to be at the door."

Only then did Asher nod. It was clear that Yvonne's room would have all kinds of magic anyway. He couldn't figure out anything by standing in front of the door.

She opened the bedroom door and saw a clean, empty room. Leaving Asher behind, Yvonne slowly closed the door. As she walked to the bed with the colorful insignia, a person suddenly appeared. A person who was covered with black lobes from head to toe, and only his two eyes were visible.

"It's been a while, Lady. You came with something that bothered me."

Bernie's wizard, whose name is Fior, who she can't tell if it's a man or a woman, opened 'his' mouth. It has been more than a year since she became Empress, but the title remained the same.