Side Story Ch 9

When the Duchess, the world's dearest grandmother, left the bedroom, Lynette laid back on her bed.

She doesn't want to be scolded by her mother. But still, even thinking about it again, she can't forgive that kid. It was just a pity that she couldn't blow him with her fist.

As the Princess calmed down, a shadow appeared next to her.

"Was it because of me?"

Lynette jumped up and sat on the bed, hearing a voice popping from the side. Suddenly, Asher came in and sat by the window next to her bed.

"Why did you do that? You didn't have to. Why would you do something stupid and get in trouble?"

Asher tilted his head.

"You are the one who taught me how to use my fist, and to use it when someone was attacking me."

He knew that the little kid, Sir Morton's son, was treating him like a slave, but he didn't care much.

He'd never paid any attention to what the two of them were doing. Watching them play was even a little tiring, so when Little Morton asked him to bring something, he moved without saying anything.

Apparently, that child was talking like that when Asher was away from her...

Asher tilted his head once again.

It wasn't the first time he heard such a thing. The child was right that he was a slave, and he was also right that he didn't know how to do anything other than use his body.

The Princess' anger was sometimes difficult to understand.

"Don't do that next time."

He said that for the sake of the Princess, but Lynette's expression became more and more serious. Asher looked at the Princess and thought blankly. She really looked like Karloi.

"It's because Asher doesn't get angry."

"Why should I be angry?"

"You're saying the wrong thing!"

"That's not wrong."

Lynette shut his mouth and glared fiercely at Asher. For a six-year-old, her eyes were really sharp.

Then she made a loud sound of her footsteps and left the bedroom.

Asher sighed and jumped out of the window. He had to follow the Princess because she couldn't disappear from his eyes.

After Lynette was able to walk, Asher stayed next to her almost the entire time.

He tried to act as an escort, but above all, Lynette always looked for Asher. Lilian used to joke that after Lynette had said 'Mom' and 'Dad', she learned his name next.

As he spent his time listening to all the little stories about the Princess, he knew best where she was going when the Princess went out angry.

Lynette didn't just talk about herself. She always asks about the things she was curious about Asher, and every time she does, Asher's head hurts.

When he was asked such trivial questions as things he had never thought about before, what he liked, what his dreams were, who he liked, who his friends were, he had no words to answer.

Even though he told her several times that Croysens's food was not delicious, she brought him different food every time. It was also a tough job to receive or reject the food.

Asher, pondering the reasons why the Princess was bothering him, stood for a moment and sighed.

Before he met Lynette, he had never breathed a sigh in his life. Asher had only now roughly guessed the feelings of Alexis and Karloi.