Ch 22

4.3 The Emperor Does Not Know the Empress
*
*
*
"Will it make a big difference if a man who had been neglectful all the time, would suddenly only sent flowers and jewelry? You know, people aren't that simple."

The new Queen of Purtu Palace took the teacup in an impeccably elegant manner and commented lightly.

"Of course they would think it was a revamp. The Duke and Empress are not fools."

Keana tilted her head when she saw Karloi answering as if it was natural.

Karloi and Keana were having tea time in the garden of the second building of the West Palace of the Purtu Palace, which was assigned to the Imperial Palace. It would be more accurate to call it a time for reporting and discussion under the guise of tea time, but to the many people who wandered around the Imperial Palace, it just seemed like a friendly relationship.

Moreover, the new Queen always looked all the more so because she had a bright impression with a smile on her face.

"I don't think it's going to look that much of a revamp. I'm afraid that the nobles of the Duke faction will be demoralized for no reason."

Marquis Roden, who was sitting next to him, objected.

Compared to the fact that the Emperor never called the Duke, who was the Empress' father, into the imperial palace first, Keana's prestige seemed to be innocuous.

The bright and beautiful new Queen, the hottest topic of the capital and Purtu, asked Karloi.

"So you knew that, but you had a different attitude?"

"I don't know what Lady Roden's worried about."

"Oh? No, no. Anyone who hears this would think that I am inferior to His Majesty."

Keana said as she sneaked a look at the Marquis of Roden.

The Marquis of Roden knew that Karloi and Keana were trying to use the Empress to attack the Duke.

However, he knew that Keana volunteered because she loved Karloi, not knowing that the two had signed a contract for each other's purposes.

"Yes, Keana."

Karloi noticed what Keana was trying to say and called her name again.

"Now you have to call her the Empress. Even if she was poisoned at the ceremony and was falsely accused, she is the Empress."

A light sigh came from the end of Keana's words. It was understandable that the Queen's ceremony became a mess.

Even if she was framed, there was no evidence, and when the Marquis of Roden cried and said that she was going to kill herself. Everyone was crying and whining.

"Gasp."

When the word poison came out, the Marquis of Roden began to hiccup again. He was a weak person, so even though his daughter was not poisoned, he was afraid of the subject itself.

"Marquis, please stop. Have some tea."

"What do you mean poison? Poisoning, Your Majesty! It's obvious that the Duke made a mistake trying to kill our Keana. How am I supposed to bring my daughter into my limbs?..."

The Marquis was a weak man, but he wasn't stupid. Anyone would have noticed that the poison was originally going to get into Keana's glass.

Seeing the Marquis with tears in his eyes again, Keana casually handed over the handkerchief as if she was used to it.

"Does your tears make me safer? Is the poison avoiding me? Please think of a way to destroy the Duke quickly so that I don't get poisoned the next time."