Ch 120

18.5 Lilian And Karloi (2)
*
*
*

"I didn't know you were in Lasortio. Lexem Sorta is a beautiful place, but I like Croysen the best. Right? No matter how many places I go, I don't think there is a place like Croysen.

Anyway, I've talked to Roden, so the book will arrive at Lasortio soon."

Lilian was sitting on Lake Mexus reading Keana's letter. Next to her, Mary Ann and Jane were embroidering, while Olivia was painting. On the table was a cake made by Vex. Its appearance was so beautiful that I doubted that a Vex soul fragment might have been in it. Of course, it was delicious.

"What does Lady Roden say? Is she sending you the book?"

Lilian nodded slightly at Mary Ann and Jane's keen interest.

"I think the stepmother had conspired with his father."

"No, it's not. Something must have happened. His father's side might have harmed him."

Watching the confrontation between the mother and daughter, Lilian thought she was more curious about the end of their debate than the end of the book.

"Mach is an interesting place. I can say this with confidence. But I don't feel attached to it. The Machian are so... I can't explain it in words.

But I think it's a good place to visit at least once. Your Majesty, if you're interested in coming, please let me know. It's a good place to live here, so I don't think there's anything wrong with serving Your Majesty."

Keana's letter contained her affection for Purtu. She didn't seem to like Mach very much. If it was Lilian, any place would be better if it's not Purtu.

"I've never been to Mach either. I heard it's an interesting place."

Olivia, who was painting, said. Lilian thought to herself. It's not that Olivia hasn't been there, it's that she hasn't left this place.

"...It's beautiful."

Olivia just smiled when Lilian said something about Olivia's painting.

"Your Majesty praises me too much."

But she meant it. Lilian has been learning a lot from Olivia lately, and she learned that she was a great person with a knack for many things. She was also good at painting, and she often played instruments, including the flute and violin, which she played for Lilian. Olivia said that the Sortans all deal with that degree, and she spoke humbly in a haughty manner.

Lilian herself, on the other hand, was not very good at music. Playing instruments was interesting but her progress with it was slow. But painting was different. It may be because Olivia praised her too much for being talented, but it didn't seem very bad for Lilian to see.

Denise would be very proud if she knew. It's good if there's one thing she's good at.

And it was something that required her hard work so much that she really forgets her miscellaneous thoughts. These days, she was painting Denise in her memory while learning figure painting, and the storm of her heart that often occurred at that time also calmed down.

Perhaps that's why, as her head and mind got organized, one person came to her mind particularly often. These days, instead of nightmares, Karloi often appeared in her dreams and disturbed her sleep.

"Lou."

Obviously, it reminded her of the time when Denise called her name, but at the end, Karloi's voice always overlapped. Maybe it's because Denise and Karloi were the only ones who used to call her that name.