Ch 39

6.2 The Empress and the Emperor
*
*
*
"You idiot!"

Karloi's eyes twitched because of Lou's sudden scream. Lou slapped Karloi's head with a bewildered expression.

"Ouch."

Lou grinned as she saw Karloi groaning while rubbing his head. With that smile, Karloi glanced at Lou and slowly raised his hand on her cheek.

If it was a dream, he would rather not wake up like this forever. He thought he could die like this. Even when he woke up, if it were a reality without Lou, it wasn't even worth living like that.

From the day he returned alive from the Delua estate, he always thought that his life was just a bonus. He should have ended that day, but thanks to Lou, he said he was living for Lou.

When Karloi's face approached, Lou didn't shy away and was still smiling. It's so pretty that it makes him cry. Can she feel it when he touches it? Lou came closer.

Suddenly Lou's face changed and became Yvonne. Yvonne was smiling brightly at a distance that could be reached a little closer. Then Karloi and Yvonne's lips touched.

At that moment Karloi awoke in horror. His face was all red. He felt like he did something he shouldn't have done. He suddenly wanted to die even though no one was watching.

"Crazy."

Mumbling in a locked voice, Karloi washed his face dry. He's been having the same dream for several days now. It was obvious that it turned crazy. He's not even a teenager. He doesn't know why he was dreaming like this. It had been the fifth day since he had been tormented by his dreams of Lou and Yvonne appearing.

"Crazy."

Karloi muttered once again. He thought he would be able to relax in an imperial palace without the Duke of Delua, but not at all. Because of Lou and Yvonne, who continue to appear in his dreams, Karloi wanted to stab his neck.

This is all because of that day in the Royal Chamber. He had been having these crazy dreams ever since he went crazy with sedatives and mistook Yvonne for Lou. Wishing Lou so much alive, he was worried that he might have gone crazy.

No, at least he wouldn't have dreamed of this if he hadn't seen the Empress smile. Was it that shocking that someone who had never laughed, smiled? But there's no one else to be mistaken for, Delua's daughter.

"Ah."

When he woke up from his dream, he remembered Yvonne crying that night. Even the way she hugged his shoulder. Karloi messed up his hair nervously.

Why did she cry like that?

From the day he saw Yvonne weep incessantly as she looked at him, Karloi had not seen the Duke in her at all. She looked eerily like the Duke, apparently as she was the Duke's daughter, but now the peacock was no longer visible on her face. It just looked like Yvonne, Yvonne Delua.

"...I can't sleep."

He couldn't sleep comfortably because of his crazy dream, so he couldn't sleep for days and it was killing him. Karloi eventually got up at dawn again today and headed to the office. It didn't seem to be the same without Yvonne.

------------------

There is one tower in the corner of the Duke's mansion. The tower was splendid, but it also looked somewhat gloomy as it was located in a dense forest. There were two things the Duke never wanted to tell the world. One was a coffin containing the body of his daughter, the real Yvonne, and the other was Denise.

It was a place with several layers of prohibition magic, made of the Duke's blood, so anyone who was not allowed by the Duke could never enter. The coffin was on the top floor, and Denise's room, where she was staying, was on the lower floor.